Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

1861 Census Lookup Please...and occupation?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 10 Feb 2007 15:57

The address is Gorst Street if that helps. Kath. x

Diane

Diane Report 10 Feb 2007 15:58

Its a bit long winded but here goes...................On the 1861 census someone sent me a copy of a certain page,RG9/3128,regarding a Dominic Luvate.It says he was living at 68b Oddfellows Arms....In preston.I would like if anyone could check the page before it to give me an idea of what area im looking at....thanks to anyone......I think the odd fellows arms is a pub,but does it say publican as occupation for dominic luvate? Diane

Diane

Diane Report 10 Feb 2007 16:12

thanks Kath...as the copy ive got didnt have a street name ..i think its a pub Diane

Diane

Diane Report 10 Feb 2007 16:17

can anyone help with the occupation please.....Diane

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 10 Feb 2007 17:21

Hi Diane, The address is Oddfellows Arms, but further up the page it has Gorst Street. There are two Dominic Luvatte's. The father is a Publican, born Milan, Italy and the son is a painter, born Preston, Lancashire. For reference, the name is transcribed as Dominic Laratta, but the image certainly looks like Luvatte. Kath. x

Diane

Diane Report 10 Feb 2007 18:05

sorry its took so long to reply..thanks Kath