Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Scottish marriage cert

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Margaret

Margaret Report 10 Feb 2007 15:24

How do I get a Scottish marriage certificate. Do I need a ref for the GROS as in England and is there a way I can I get it without paying on the ScotlandsPeople site? Margaret

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 10 Feb 2007 15:33

I'm not really sure about Scottish certificates, but I was always under the impression that downloading from the Scotland's People site was reasonably cheap. Kath. x

Georgina

Georgina Report 10 Feb 2007 15:37

Margaret if the marriage was before 1931 you can subscribe to scotlandspeople website & view & print the certificate on line, it is £6 for 30 credits & it will cost you 6 credits (1 to find the entry & 5 to view it) well worth the money & no waiting. If you send to the GRO in Edinburgh it will cost you about £11 for the certificate. Georgina.

Margaret

Margaret Report 10 Feb 2007 17:05

Thanks it seems the ScotlandsPeople is the best way Margaret