Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

!!!! Brick Wall still unsolved,Please Help !!!!

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Danuella

Danuella Report 10 Feb 2007 02:53

Hi i really hope someone can help me as i have tried everything with this.My GT GT Grandmother Emma Bond had an illegitimate child(pretty sure anyway),he was born approx 1868.In 1871 and 1881 he is living with his grandparents James and Mary Ann Bond (Emmas parents,Emma was an only child)in Austin St,Ipswich,on both census it says he was born Wherstead,Suffolk approx 1868 But...his name varies in 1871 he is Alfred T Bond and in 1881 he is Frederick Bond,the problem i have is i cant find his birth,marriage,death or anything at all on him,including census after 1881?I would love to get all the facts so any help would be really appreciated on this as i have tried everywhere i can think of. Thanks

Danuella

Danuella Report 10 Feb 2007 02:53

Here he is i 1881 Frederick Bond Age: 13 Estimated birth year: abt 1868 Relation: Grandson Gender: Male Where born: Wherstead, Suffolk, England Civil parish: Ipswich St Peter County/Island: Suffolk Country: England Street address: 27 Austin St Education: Employment status: Subscribe now to see this information. Occupation: Errand Lad Registration district: Ipswich Sub-registration district: St Matthew ED, institution, or vessel: 16 Neighbors: View others on page Household Members: Name Age Frederick Bond 13 James Bond 53 Mary Ann Bond 54

SydneyDi

SydneyDi Report 10 Feb 2007 03:47

Hi Danuella Do you think he could have left England for foreign shores ? I don't where you would start, but if he does not show up on the 1891 census or bmds...... Perhaps in the 'colonies' somewhere he could have hidden his illegitimacy. Also, could he have been called Fred, and his grandparents were not sure whether it was Alfred or Frederick ? My great-grandfather had a brother who was registered as Fred, and I could not find him under Frederick anywhere ! When I put in the truncation symbol after Fred, there he was !! What about this one for his registration - Wherstead is in Samford district... Surname First name(s) District Vol Page -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Births Dec 1867 (>99%) -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Bond Male Samford 4a 526 Diane

Kriso

Kriso Report 10 Feb 2007 05:11

Hi, James and Mary Bond are still alive in 1891 - they are in Stoke by Nayland. How about you look for a marriage for Emma and also look at the person who was with the Bonds in 1871 and 1881. He might have moved to their area. Regs Kristeen

SydneyDi

SydneyDi Report 10 Feb 2007 05:28

This is a marriage for Emma, and her with husband in 1881 Marriages Mar 1876 (>99%) -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- >>>>Bond Emma Maria Ipswich 4a 767 >>>>GARNHAM Ezra Ipswich 4a 767 MOUSER James Ipswich 4a 767 MUDD Harriett Ipswich 4a 767 1881 Census Name: Emma Gainham Age: 30 Estimated birth year: abt 1851 Relation: Wife Spouse's name: Ezra Gender: Female Where born: Ipswich, Suffolk, England Civil parish: Ipswich St Mary Stoke County/Island: Suffolk Country: England Street address: 2 Wherstead Rd Condition as to marriage: Married Education: Employment status: View image Registration district: Ipswich Sub-registration district: St Matthew ED, institution, or vessel: 24 Neighbors: View others on page Household Members: Name Age Annie Gainham 4 Emma Gainham 30 Ezra Gainham 25 Walter V. Gainham 1 Edward Smith 33

SydneyDi

SydneyDi Report 10 Feb 2007 05:38

Here's Ezra and children in 1891, looks like Emma is away from home: Name: Walter Garnham Age: 12 Estimated birth year: abt 1879 Relation: Son Father's name: Ezra Gender: Male Where born: Ipswich, Suffolk, England Civil parish: Woodstone Ecclesiastical parish: St Augustine County/Island: Huntingdonshire Country: England Registration district: Peterborough Sub-registration district: Peterborough ED, institution, or vessel: 7 Neighbors: View others on page Household Members: Name Age Allen Farrow 18 Mary Ann Farrow 44 Housekeeper Ethel Garnham 7 Ezra Garnham 35 it says M for married, but not clearly. Louisa Garnham 10 Walter Garnham 12 Diane

Danuella

Danuella Report 10 Feb 2007 15:24

Thanks for all your help,Emma married Ezra Garnham and they seperated between 1881 and 1891,Ezra took some children with him and Emma kept some with her.The birth is a possibilty,i didnt find that one,the people in Nayland arent the right ones as in 1891 Emmais back living with her mother and James died 1886 in St Mary Stoke,in Ipswich.Although i havent manged to find a death for Mary Ann Bond or where she was in 1901. Hugs xx Any more peeps out there who can lend a hand?

Charlotte

Charlotte Report 10 Feb 2007 16:52

How about 1891 Stoke by Nayland Back Street Alfred Bond aged 23 (or 25/6) Ag Lab born Stoke by Nayland Alice E Bond, aged 22, Wife, born Polstead Infant Son, aged ?1 month, born Stoke by Nayland June Q 1890 Sudbury 4a 959 Alfred Bond married Alice Elizabeth Stow Charlotte