Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Help to find a birth certificate

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Anita

Anita Report 9 Feb 2007 21:32

If any one can help me find place of birth of my father. He left when I was a baby and all I know he was born 8th December 1923 or 1921. I need this to go further with my family tree. His name is GEORGE RODAL WASHINGTON BLACK. Mother had always told us he was born in Jamaica, but on searching there is no record of him there.

♥Betty Boo from Dundee♥

♥Betty Boo from Dundee♥ Report 9 Feb 2007 21:35

Whats his name?? and where was you born?? England, Scotland??? Also don't you have these details on your birth certificate. Betty

Heather

Heather Report 9 Feb 2007 21:44

Is mum still around? What you need is your parents marriage certificate giving his fathers name. Hopefully this will help you find his dad before 1901. But gives us dads details (I take it he is now deceased?)

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 9 Feb 2007 21:53

He may well be alive........would be 85 at most........ Reg

♥Betty Boo from Dundee♥

♥Betty Boo from Dundee♥ Report 10 Feb 2007 18:16

nudge for Anita as she is new to GR and doesn't know how to reply to your messages, she sent me a PM. betty