Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Simmonds

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Susan

Susan Report 8 Jan 2007 13:05

ANY ONE HAVE ANY INFO ON SUSANNAH SIMMONS, I WOULD LIKE HER BIRTH DATE OR EVEN DEATH DATE, SHE MARRIED MY G GRANDAD IN 1903 WATFORD HERTFORDSHIRE, HIS NAME WAS WILFRED LEMPRIERE KNIGHT, WE KNOW SHE LIVED IN BERKHAMSTEAD HERTS WE BELIVE SHE DIED THERE AS WELL IN 1950'S CAN ANY ONE HELP PLEASE. SUE X

Rebecca

Rebecca Report 8 Jan 2007 13:11

Susan, the best thing to do would be to order their marriage certificate. This will give you a rough idea of when she was born. Rebecca.

Julie

Julie Report 8 Jan 2007 13:13

Hi Susan Annie Maria Berry 1903 Jul-Aug-Sep Watford Hertfordshire View Record Wifred Lempriere Knight 1903 Jul-Aug-Sep Watford Hertfordshire >>>View Record Wilfred Lempriere Knight 1903 Jul-Aug-Sep Watford Hertfordshire View Record Frederick William A Ness 1903 Jul-Aug-Sep Watford Hertfordshire View Record Fredrick William A Ness 1903 Jul-Aug-Sep Watford Hertfordshire >>>View Record Susannah Simmons 1903 Jul-Aug-Sep Watford Hertfordshire Susannah Simmons Year of Registration: 1903 Quarter of Registration: Jul-Aug-Sep District: Watford County: Hertfordshire Volume: 3a Page: 1418 (click to see others on page her surname comes up as Simmons

Xxxxxx

Xxxxxx Report 8 Jan 2007 14:23

If you get the marriage cert it will give you the names of both the fathers, and you will be able to check the census returns for her age and birthplace, and then you should be able to order a birth cert if you want it. This will also help to find a death, as the death indexes will give the age at death Jennifer

Irene

Irene Report 8 Jan 2007 16:14

I found Wilfred Lempriere Knight and his marriage to Daisy Windsor June 1890 and found him in the 1891 census with Daisy and living with him was his sister Olive 14 but could not find Daisy's death but Wilifred remarried 1903. Irene

Pudding

Pudding Report 14 Jan 2013 23:47

Why do you have a "D" in your Simmons name when your grandmother did not? I do know people add a D then others take it out of the surname. Lots ot twist and turns with the Simmons ... all in good taste.

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 14 Jan 2013 23:50

Pudding

Have you seen the date of the last post prior to yours?

Susan didn't return in 2007, so is hardly likely to do so now