Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

New Scottish Census

New Scottish census records

Do you have Scottish ancestors?

Perhaps you do and you just didn't know! Search our brand new Scottish census records today and discover if you have Scottish roots.

Search Scottish Census

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

1891 and 1901 lookup please? Sue/Anyone? Daniel an

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Dan

Dan Report 6 Nov 2005 09:47

Hello Sue kindly found a Daniel and Honora Daly in the 1901 but I have since established that my Daniel married a Louisa in 1883. I believe my Daniel's occ was also a Tailor, would appreciate if anyone can shed any light on children the couple may have had, fairly sure one of them was an Ellen? Thankyou Danielle

Smiley

Smiley Report 6 Nov 2005 10:25

Or even where they lived!

The Bag

The Bag Report 6 Nov 2005 10:26

from the other tjread There, I have found a Daniel Daly bc1855 Holborn and he is a Tailor married to Honorah bc1856 Holborn and is a tailoress and their children Daniel b1885,Ellen b1883,Honorah b1881,John b1879 and Mary b1877 all born in Holborn.They sound as if they could be who you are looking for. Sue -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Added by Danielle Barry on 06/11/2005 05:17:30 Thanks so much Susan. I have this family in my tree, but am now in a panic as a GR member who says they are descendend from my Daly line, says that our Daniel was actually married to a Louisa Byrne??? I found a Daniel did indeed marry a Louisa Byrne in Holborn in 1883 - Any ideas? Thankyou!!! Danielle -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Added by Susan Smith on 06/11/2005 06:07:34 Hi, There is another Daniel Daly bc1854 his parents were John and Johannah both born in Ireland and the other Daniel Daly whos birth seems to change from 1855 to 1860 parents Daniel born in Cork Ireland and mother Ellen.Which one is yours? I too have found a Daniel Joseph Daly marrying a Louisa Byrne in 1883 and a Daniel Daly marrying a Honorah Hearn 1874. The Daniel Daly whose parents are Daniel and Ellen he was single 1881 and a Tailor so he couldnt be the one married Honorah he must have married Louisa,so the other Daniel bc1855 must have married Honorah. Gosh I hope that hasnt done your head in for first thing in the morning or unless you are in Australia.

Smiley

Smiley Report 6 Nov 2005 10:29

This marriage then... Byrne, Louisa 1883 June Marriages Holborn London Middlesex Daly, Daniel Joseph 1883 June Marriages Holborn London Middlesex so we have a possible area

Dan

Dan Report 6 Nov 2005 10:33

Hi Everyone Sorry to be so vague, yes Daniel was born in Holborn, not sure where Louisa was though, also not sure if they would still be in Holborn or moved elsewhere by 1891-1901. That marriage in 1883 is correct. I assumed that the 'Honorah' Daniel was mine, as there didnt seem to be any other that fitted, but have since found I was wrong and desperately trying to fix my mistake. Thankyou for your help Danielle

Andrew

Andrew Report 16 Dec 2012 22:41

Hi I have Daly members in my tree, on my Mother's Birth Mothers side, and yes, most seem to have been Tailor's and lived in Holborn, London.
And descended from Cork, Ireland.
I have Daniel Born 1860 in Cork & Honorah? Born in London.
If you wish to contact me I will let you know what I have, as I have located living Daly's
Must go now regards,
Andrew.

Reggie

Reggie Report 16 Dec 2012 23:04

Andrew

Check the posting date...............if you think Dan has the same e-mail as all that time ago, click on her name and send a message . GR will attempt to notify her