Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

FETTIS - 1700's

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Rachel

Rachel Report 9 Sep 2004 17:42

I have traced my family back to Ralph Fettis, who married Jane Havery on 12/07/1767 in Kyloe, Northumberland. If anyone can find out anything else about them, dates of birth, death and perhaps their parents, that would be great. I beleive that they had a son, William. Many Thanks, Rachel

Rachel

Rachel Report 10 Sep 2004 12:08

Thank you Sheila, I will have a look and see if I can fit it into my tree. thanks for looking. Rachel

Ian

Ian Report 23 Jan 2008 22:10

Hi Rachel. My family includes the Havery family of Kyloe. They had a long-standing connection to the Fettis family who are mentioned in letters dated in 1826 and 1828. My tree is not on Genes Reunited at the moment but you can see some details at http://www.btinternet.com/~ian.a.mathers/genealogy/

My e-mail is [email protected] Could we perhaps get in touch?

Regards - Ian

BORDERER

BORDERER Report 2 Mar 2013 15:09

William Fettis father of Ralph Fettis is in my family tree. Please contact me.
[email protected]. My name was originaly Fettis but my mother remarried.

HeyJudeB4Beatles

HeyJudeB4Beatles Report 2 Mar 2013 16:22

Charles John ...not only are the posts between five and eight years old...posting your email addy is against GR rules.

Suggest you pm and if Rachel and/or Ian are still members they can rspond

Jude

Linda

Linda Report 2 Mar 2013 16:25

Charles did you notice that the original post was made in 2004 and Ian's reply was made in 2008.

Ians post shows his email address (as does your own) it is against this sites t&c to show your email address.

If you hover your cursor over the posters name you can send them a PM (private message) and if they are still a member using the same email address that GR has for them they will receive a message that you are tryong to contact them.

Welcome to the boards and good luck with your research

Linda

Linda Report 2 Mar 2013 16:31

Jude snap I have sent Rachel a PM not that I hold out much hope of her coming back to her post

jax

jax Report 2 Mar 2013 16:53

As Rachel has no posts to her name it is very unlikely that she is still using the site now