Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Where is C J Maslin in 1901?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Jackie

Jackie Report 16 Jan 2004 22:42

In 1916 C J Maslin was the householder of 'Bondi' Worcester Road, Sutton, Surrey but in spite of numerous efforts can find no -one of that name on the 1901 census or 1881. Please can anyone help me find his/her name and details. Jackie

Jackie

Jackie Report 16 Jan 2004 23:12

Thanks for looking Rosemary. Have a Harry Maslin. can you find anything for him. Have 3 from 1891 census but not sure which one. Was a textile buyer in 1918, so any link Jackie

John

John Report 17 Jan 2004 01:24

Hi jackie, there is a Harry Sharratt Maslin born in 1895 in windsor on freebmd,does this help.

Jackie

Jackie Report 17 Jan 2004 10:31

Hello Rosemary and John That's a new one John that I didn't find -will check it out as there are some links with Windsor. However, believed him to be a little older - between 20-30ish. He fathered a child in 1918 (although that doesn't mean a thing!!!)and was a textile buyer, then. Could you let me have the ones you found Rosemary. You never know, there may be something new, though i suspect I am just covering the same ground. Jackie

Jackie

Jackie Report 17 Jan 2004 10:33

Just had another thought- if he was a textile buyer, he could have been working away and his wife could have been CJ Maslin in the directory. Jackie

Emma

Emma Report 17 Jan 2004 10:40

Hi Jackie, On 1891 there is a Henry C Maslin aged 68 living on own means with son Charles J Maslin aged 14. They're in Belgrave London. Email me if you think this is a possible and I'll forward a copy of the schedule. Emma.

Jackie

Jackie Report 17 Jan 2004 11:09

Pretty sure this isn't the one -too old. thanks all the same Jackie

Lara

Lara Report 17 Jan 2004 17:09

Just a thought but have you tried variations of the name My family were Rowlinson and I was so frustrated when I could not find them. Eventually found under Robinson!