Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Grimsby

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Naomi

Naomi Report 22 Nov 2007 22:16

Hi I'm looking for any info on an Ethel Grainger born 1900 in Grimsby, she's on the 1901 census but I can't find anything else. If anyone could help that would be brilliant.

Many Thanks

Naomi

Pamela

Pamela Report 22 Nov 2007 22:21

Are you looking for more recent information, rather than information on her parents etc?

Naomi

Naomi Report 22 Nov 2007 22:23

yes sorry I didn't make that clear.

Julie

Julie Report 22 Nov 2007 22:36

Naomi

Please don't take this the wrong way..If you have no info coming forward are you sure she is the right lady..as normally you would work backwards

Julie

Naomi

Naomi Report 22 Nov 2007 22:40

Hi - no it's right as we have gone down the parentage and she was on the census from the correct line as a child. I was just trying to see if there are any relatives linked to her out there as we need more info on her father! Kind of going the wrong way -sorry for any confusion :o)

Julie

Julie Report 22 Nov 2007 22:48

So is it more info on George you are after

Naomi

Naomi Report 22 Nov 2007 22:50

Hi - no it's info on Ether post 1901, I'm trying to find out what happened to her and when she died.

Julie

Julie Report 22 Nov 2007 22:57

Hang now im getting confused lol

You say you are looking for more info on her father..are you not meaning Ethel

Julie

Julie Report 22 Nov 2007 23:02

Naomi

On the 1901 Ethel had a brother called Frank..If you do a name search on this site someone called Melanie has him in their tree

Julie

Naomi

Naomi Report 22 Nov 2007 23:03

Sorry Julie, I mean I'd like to get more detail on Ethel - to see if someone related to her now might have any info on her father....???

Naomi

Naomi Report 22 Nov 2007 23:05

Thanks Julie, Melanie has picked a bit of the tree of myself.....all swings and roundabouts :o)

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link!

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 22 Nov 2007 23:15

Naomi,

I don't see her birth on FreeBMD.

Rose

Naomi

Naomi Report 22 Nov 2007 23:19

Thanks Rose

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 22 Nov 2007 23:28

Frank was actually Francis:

Births Dec 1893
Grainger Francis William G Haverfordwest 11a 1106

Rose

Julie

Julie Report 22 Nov 2007 23:28

Are you a member of Ancestry as there is someone on there that has Ethel in their tree, but you need to PM them..its in the Personal Member Trees

imp

imp Report 22 Nov 2007 23:32

It seems to say that father George is Deaf and Blind on the 1901, but not on the Welsh 1891 census. Do you think he had some sort of accident.

Gail.

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 22 Nov 2007 23:32

Have you verified the other births on FreeBMD?

Rose

Naomi

Naomi Report 22 Nov 2007 23:39

I wish I was on Ancestry but I'm afraid I'm not...waiting to see what santa brings!

Naomi

Naomi Report 22 Nov 2007 23:40

Hi Gail - yes that's right about George his father, he was a retired fisherman so we think an accident is likely.

Naomi

Naomi Report 22 Nov 2007 23:42

Hi Rose - sorry I've not verified the others - only taken them from my nan and 1901 census, I'll look into it. thanks