Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Question re local Record Office

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Ian

Ian Report 23 Nov 2007 23:52

Hi I live in Scotland and i have asked my cousin in Leicester if she would pop in to her local Records Office at Wigston.
Re Birth / Death Certificates of family member born in Leicestershire will she beable to see the Certs there or will she have to send off for them?
Ian

Brennan

Brennan Report 24 Nov 2007 00:18

This should help --

http://www.leics.gov.uk/index/community/community_services/
reg_services/registration_services/copy_certificates_genealogy.
htm

bren

Sam

Sam Report 24 Nov 2007 02:07

You can't see birth or death certs anywhere, you have to buy them.

Sam x

♥Betty Boo from Dundee♥

♥Betty Boo from Dundee♥ Report 24 Nov 2007 03:24

Hi Ian,

I would think it was the same as in Scotland. If I wanted a certificate say for someone who married in Dundee and I went to my local registry office I would have to buy the certificate, BMD's are all the same they don't give you anything, you have to pay to buy them in England or Scotland. The only difference is on Scotlands People where you pay to view them.

Betty