Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

1871 look up please

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sarah

Sarah Report 24 Nov 2007 15:36

Please could someone look up Florence Owen born 1868 Birmingham on the 1871 census. She is my 3xGt Grandmothers daughter by her first marriage, but is not with her mother ( widow Mary Owen - servant ) on the night this census was taken ( as discovered by another kind GR member )Therefore I am wondering where and who Florence was living with at this time. Could she be living with her Grandparents Thomas and Sarah Taylor?

I would appreciate any help,

many thanks

Sarah

Thelma

Thelma Report 24 Nov 2007 15:51

1871 England Census
about Flora Owen
Name: Flora Owen
Estimated birth year: abt 1868
Relation: Visitor
Where born: Barningham, Warwickshire, England

Civil parish: Walsall
Ecclesiastical parish: Bloxwich
Town: Bloxwich
County/Island: Staffordshire

Street address:

Condition as to marriage:

Disability: View image

Registration district: Walsall
Sub-registration district: Bloxwich
ED, institution, or vessel: 9
Neighbors: View others on page
Household schedule number: 52
Household Members: Name Age
Richd Galles 13
Flora Owen 3
Aisha Selvey 14
Hannah Yakes 23
Sarah Yakes 63
Thomas Yakes 60

Source Citation: Class: RG10; Piece: 2959; Folio: 8; Page: 9;

Sarah

Sarah Report 24 Nov 2007 16:05

Thanks for taking the time to do a look up for me Jim. Certain aspects fit, but I am not sure who the Yakes family of Walsall are. One to keep in mind though.

Thanks

Sarah

Thelma

Thelma Report 24 Nov 2007 16:14

The writing on the census is terrible.Have you Thomas and Sarah Taylor on a census?
OK not yours
Hannah Yates Thomas,Sarah abt 1849 Bloxwich, Staffordshire, England Daughter Walsall Foreign Staffordshire

Sarah

Sarah Report 24 Nov 2007 16:34

Thanks Jim. The writing on census' can be terrible as we all know - makes things even more frustrating!!

Best wishes

Sarah