Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

1871 census for London please

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Frances

Frances Report 24 Nov 2007 17:09

I am still trying to find the family for

Births Jun 1852
BARNES George Samuel St Geo East 1c 397

and have seen this entry in G.R. 1871

BARNES GEORGE 19 Shoreditch, Haggerston East

As this is the same district as his bride to be at this time he seems a likely candidate.
Does the full census to match this entry show him with his parents please?

Many thanks,
Frances

Frances

Frances Report 24 Nov 2007 17:19

Hi Sophie, regrettably no. I previously thought it was the correct one until today when I found Rosetta with her brother in the 1881 and he had the wrong wife!
Hence my new search.

Frances

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 24 Nov 2007 17:21

If you have his marriage cert, you will know his father's details..........what are they?

Reg

Frances

Frances Report 24 Nov 2007 17:27

Reg, I still have to persuade the descendant of George to get the necessary certificate......I was just hoping to get lucky with a match.
I don't have a '61 that seems suitable. This is definitely my last attempt!

Frances

Frances

Frances Report 24 Nov 2007 17:33

Hi Sophie that really looks very hopeful. All the matches are in place for him to start his courtship. Thank you so much for your efforts.

Frances

I see it matches an 1861 I already have from this morning!

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 24 Nov 2007 17:35

I hope you can persuade whoever it is that the marriage cert is essential..........tell him/her to ask for it as a Christmas present!

Without certs, research is guesswork...........

Good luck

Reg

Frances

Frances Report 24 Nov 2007 17:38

Tell you what Reg, it won't be me giving my brother in law this present lol

Frances