Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Patrick Fogarty/Fogerty

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

David

David Report 16 Dec 2007 18:48

I'm trying to find some information on my great grandmothers father Patrick Fogerty. He married Mary Ann Downs on the 13/09/1868 in Leeds, West Yorkshire. His name was spelt Fogeaty on the certificate and his fathers name was also Patrick Fogerty. Patrick and Mary were both 19 years old when they married. They had a daughter called Margaret in 1869 and a son called William in 1870. On the 1871 census the only Patrick Fogerty that can be found is one in prison in Leeds, West Yorkshire. After that he can not be traced but he had more children (or did he??). Sarah fogerty was born 1881, Emma foggerty born 1879, my great grandmother florence Fogerty born 1886, Louisa Fogerty born 1890 and Agnes Fogerty born 1892. All these children born after 1879 have a middle name of Butler and on census' are known by Butler not Fogerty. Any help very much appreciated.

Kind regards

Danielle