Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Turnbull

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Keith

Keith Report 10 Feb 2007 15:11

I am trying to trace my father's family tree but know very little. I am hopeing someone may be able to help. He was known as Jack Turnbull but that may not be his name. He was a toolmaker from Newcastle or Sunderland, believe he served an apprenticeship at The Forges Newcastle. I understand he was married to someone up that way but lived with my mum in Harrow, Middx. He worked for De Havaland AIrcraft Co at Stag Lane, Kingsbury. When I was about 10 I was introduced to Uncle George and his daughters Gertrude and possibly Norah at Harrow. Both parents have now passed away but very little is known about my father, presumably because of some skeleton in the cupboard. If anyone can fill in any blanks, i'd be very pleased to hear from them. Thanks