Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Walton

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Doug

Doug Report 9 Dec 2006 10:21

Trying to trace the decendants of Joseph Garibaldi Walton, born 1862 in East End of Newcastle upon Tyne. In particular Michael and Terry Walton who lived in Walkerville, Newcastle upon Tyne in the late 1950s.

Mike *

Mike * Report 7 Apr 2014 18:16

Mary please remove you email address , not allowed on here.
You could try reaching Doug by clicking his name and sending your message direct

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 7 Apr 2014 18:56

Mary -

It's eight years since Doug posted that message, and he appears not to be a member any longer. He certainly won't be looking for replies here now.

The best thing is to do as Mike suggests, although if Doug's no longer a member, he may not receive notification of your message.

Mary

Mary Report 21 Apr 2014 09:26

Sorry guys, I didn't realise I couldn't put my email address on here :-\
I have clicked on his name and done it that way, so hopefully he is still a member. Thanks for your advice

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 21 Apr 2014 10:11

So please remove your e-mail before your post is reported to GR

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 21 Apr 2014 10:12

Doug has zero posts to his name, so is unlikely still to be on GR's radar

Mary

Mary Report 21 Apr 2014 11:27

Sorry Reggie. How do I get it off! I have never done this before. I am not being difficult and you sound very aggressive!

Mary

Mary Report 21 Apr 2014 11:28

I did it. I wont be posting again

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 21 Apr 2014 12:16

Mary -
Please don't be put off. There are lots of people here very willing to help with any query you may have.

Sometimes things may appear more abrupt when written than they would if you heard them spoken.

patchem

patchem Report 21 Apr 2014 13:42

Could helpers please consider how their abrupt remarks come across to new posters.

Mary has stated that Reggie sounds very aggressive and will not post again - that is how Reggie appears to her.

I assume that that is not Reggie's intention, but is an unfortunate consequence of her actions.

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 21 Apr 2014 13:51

I really don't understand the problem

I was perfectly polite, which is more than many people on here ever are

............very few have 'please' and thank you' in their vocabularies

You'd all have been bitching if the post had been RR'd.

And, patchem........please desist from referring to me as a female

jax

jax Report 21 Apr 2014 21:01

The only reason Genes don't want email address's on here is because they would not get any money if a non paying person found this thread and contacted the poster directly, rather than take out a sub.

Who cares if emails are showing.....there is enough of them all over the internet

patchem

patchem Report 21 Apr 2014 22:50

Reggie,

When it is not obvious what the sex of the poster is - and, in fact, all of us could be of either sex - then I agree that perhaps one should endeavour to be sex neutral.

So I should have used 'their' in the post above. This leads to a rather clumsy sentence construction.

However, when one forms an impression of the poster then it becomes more natural to use him or her.

You assumed that Doug was male.

I have decided that you are female.

Are you male, or do you just wish to be referred to as such?
That is none of my business in fact.

It is just that I have a problem referring to someone as male if I sincerely believe they are female.

You referred to 'bitching' - would a man have put that?

Cynthia

Cynthia Report 22 Apr 2014 13:03

Poor Mary, what an introduction to the Community boards. :-(

Reggie, I know you have said before that you don't 'do waffle'. However, if you could just moderate your tone a little, then you wouldn't come across as being very strident and abrupt. A more conversational and welcoming tone would lessen the criticism I think.