Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Family of Thomas Wilkinson

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Patricia

Patricia Report 18 Aug 2008 18:43

My fathers name was Thomas,his brothers where Jack SAM (twins)sister Grace, .there mothers first name was Saran. maybe (nee )welding they came from Manchester area, maybe Warrington,or macclesfield.my father moved to Norfolk after the war I am trying to trace any of his relatives . many thanks .

PaulaW

PaulaW Report 18 Aug 2008 18:44

Any years please?

Patricia

Patricia Report 18 Aug 2008 18:52

All i could find was maybe my fathers birth ceft,which had warrington as place of birth for my father.and my grandmothers maiden name . i have page and vol number to hand .for this thanks

PaulaW

PaulaW Report 18 Aug 2008 22:13

Could this be your Grandmother

Marriages Mar 1892 (>99%)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MASSEY Alfred Warrington 8c 257
MERCER Frederick Warrington 8c 257
Smith Ada Warrington 8c 257
Welding Sarah Ellen Warrington 8c 257

Perhaps someone on here could do a look-up for you for the 1901 census

Regards Paula

Patricia

Patricia Report 26 Aug 2008 17:33

Thank you for the above reply's. I 'may have found a few more clues.My grandmothers name was Sarah Ann Welding I think from the area of Manchester .my grandfather could have been John or Charles.Wilkinson.they both lived in a area called Wally Range...any more help would be great ...many thanks .

PaulaW

PaulaW Report 26 Aug 2008 22:45

Can't find a marraige for Sarah Welding to Wilkinson on freebmd (although there are a couple of Wilkinson to a Wilding but not Charles or John)

The area you are referring to is called Whalley Range this is in Lancashire.

There are so many Thomas Wilkinsons (and Wilkinsons in general for Lancashire).

Have you got your fathers birth certificate this would give parents names and possible areas and dates.

Have you found them on any census or do you have any other info.

Regards Paula