Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Douglas William Wilkinson - Liverpool 1925-1973

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Simon

Simon Report 12 Sep 2008 11:01

I'm trying to find any information about the family of my late uncle, Douglas William Wikinson.

Douglas was born in Liverpool on 8th January 1925, son of William Gilbert & Mabel Catherine Wilkinson.

He served in Africa during WWII and married Margaret (Peggy) Wall in Liverpool in 1944. I think they had five children.

He died on the 6th November 1973 in Newsham General Hospital, Anfield.

He was a security guard and was living in Garston before his death.

Two children identified from birth indexes are:
Sandra born 1949 Liverpool
Linda born 1951 Liverpool

My dad lost contact with Douglas & family some time in the early 70s (around the time I was born). I never met them and didn't even know of them until the 1980s.

Thanks,

Simon

Derek

Derek Report 12 Sep 2008 15:05

Simon, not sure if this is any help at all, found one listing for Alan J Wilkinson, mother's maiden name Wall, dated last quarter 1944, no other children up to 1950 but could have missed some.

William G Wilkinson and Mabel Catherine Stanley married in 1923 in Everton

Regards Barbara