Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

William Wilkinson

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Jean

Jean Report 13 Oct 2008 12:55

Leonard Wilkinson is my grandfather and was born 05.05.1898, Castle Donington. I have no infomation on my great grandfather William Wilkinson and wonder if anyone knows who Leonards father is, I have got 2 birth certificates but have no idea which William he is! Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you Vicky

Jill 2011 (aka Warrior Princess of Cilla!)

Jill 2011 (aka Warrior Princess of Cilla!) Report 13 Oct 2008 13:11

What is William's occupation on Leonard's marriage cert?

What is the occupation of each William on the birth certs?

Jill

Jean

Jean Report 13 Oct 2008 14:39

Hi Jill

On Leonards birth certificate William is a general labourer and on the two birth certificates I obtained for William one is a milkman [1849] and the other a framework knitter. [1851.] I don't even know if the date of around 1850 is correct.

Thanks for any help.

Regards
Vicky

Jean

Jean Report 13 Oct 2008 15:54

I forgot to mention that I have Williams marriage certificate to Mary Warburton and his fathers name looks like James