Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Any information of Horace Wilkinson pre 1882, Ance

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Stephen

Stephen Report 9 Dec 2008 20:10

I have little info on my grandfather and would love to know who his parents and siblings were, where they came from, possibble the Bradford area from the bits I know. He was married Alice Wood, and know he died 1952.

Clitheroelass

Clitheroelass Report 9 Dec 2008 20:18

This is his possible marraige reg if you purchase his cert this will have his age at time of marraige and his fathers name and occupation. cost of £7 from the link below

Regards
Tracy

http://www.gro.gov.uk/gro/content/

Surname First name(s) District Vol Page

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Marriages Dec 1904 (>99%)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wilkinson Horace Bramley 9b 682
Wood Alice Maude Bramley 9b 682

Has our search engine found the

Clitheroelass

Clitheroelass Report 9 Dec 2008 20:21

Two possible births in that area
Births Mar 1882 (>99%)

Wilkinson Horace Bradford, Y. 9b 30

Births Dec 1882 (>99%)

Wilkinson Horace Bramley 9b 356

Stephen

Stephen Report 9 Dec 2008 20:22

yes thats them thanks.

Stephen

Stephen Report 9 Dec 2008 20:26

from info ihave its the birth @ Bramley

Clitheroelass

Clitheroelass Report 9 Dec 2008 20:29

there is this death reg in Dec qrt1952

Horace L Wilkinson 71 York 2D 830

Clitheroelass

Clitheroelass Report 9 Dec 2008 20:31

These are a possible match for his birth but if i was you purchase his marraige cert .

Births Mar 1881 (>99%)

WILKINSON Horace Leonard York 9d 11

Births Jun 1881 (>99%)

WILKINSON Horace Luty Wharfedale 9a 163

Stephen

Stephen Report 9 Dec 2008 20:33

I dont think so as he didnt have a middle name & lived in Leeds

Stephen

Stephen Report 9 Dec 2008 20:36

Ok thank you I will get copy of marriage cert and hope to get some more info background