Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Janet

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Janet

Janet Report 9 Jan 2009 22:53

Can you find father to John Wilkinson born 1811 Wibsey near Bradford he Mary Ann Fletcher at Bradford 1830 Thanks
Janet Reply sorry I made typo they married at St Peters Bradford 23 Nov 1830 with consent so one or both of them must have been under age, Children William b 1831, James b 1832, & Martha b 1835 were all baptised at Holy Trinity Low Moor Bradford . I can not find baptisms for Joseph b 1838, Richard b 1840. Henry their youngest son was baptised 26 Dec 1862 at born 07 Mar 1844 at Wibsey Congregational Ch. Low Moor and Wibsey are parts of North Bierley Bradford along with Buttershaw. John and Mry Ann lived in Wibsey according to the 1841, 1851, and 1861 James son married Sarah Keighley at Salem Chapel Bradford both aged 20 yrs 1853 John his father was a Butter Dealer,Wits William FRANKLIN and Edward RILEY. Martha daughter Married James Wilkinson his father was John Wilkinson Banksman = Mary Fox and her father was a Butter Dealer this was 18 April 1862 also at Salem Chapel Bradford Wits Ezra Wilkinson and James Wilkinson. Ezra Wilkinson was from Census the brother of the bridegroom and maybe James could be Father or Brother of the bride. I have death Cert for John Wilkinson = Mary Ann Fletcher dated 19 Nov 1869 John Wilkinson 59 yrs Male Fish Hawker died of Chrome Hepatitis Exhaustion. in Attendance S. Skelton Infirmary Bradford. his wife ia a widow on 1871 Census. I have a Big data Base of Wilkinson with BMD , Wills, Census if any one wouls like a Look up? Thank you Janet

Ericthered

Ericthered Report 9 Jan 2009 22:58

If you purchase the marriage cert, you will learn his father's name (if known)

Sylvia

Sylvia Report 12 Jan 2009 13:27

To Erik the red, I hate to tell you this but their was no BMD Certificates till 1837, so not much good passing that message of sending for them Sylvia a Friend a of Janets

Potty

Potty Report 12 Jan 2009 13:34

Sylvia,

The orignal post gives a marriage in 1839 - two years after civil registration started, so Eric is quite correct in saying the MARRIAGE cert will give the father's name.

Ericthered

Ericthered Report 12 Jan 2009 16:08

Sylvia

I hate to tell you this..........but you need to read the posting before making comments..............

Although.....as Janet has not returned to her thread, this is all academic!

EvieBeavie

EvieBeavie Report 12 Jan 2009 16:35

Of course, in this case there seems to be no marriage registered 1838-1840

http://www.freebmd.org.uk

and no marriage in those names shown in the IGI

http://www.familysearch.org/eng/search/igi/search_igi.asp

so Janet must have got her info somewhere else. If it was a parish register, it should state father's name - ?