Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Great Grandad

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Wendy

Wendy Report 13 Jan 2010 12:20

Trying to find information about Richard Wilkinson, I am unsure of the year of his birth. I do Know he had a son George born around 1901 who married Eva Henke in June 1928 in Burnley, but, cannot seem to find anything more, I am probably looking in the wrong place.
Any Help Would Be Greatly Appreciated.
Wendy

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 13 Jan 2010 12:22

I assume from this that you have his son's marriage cert? Do you therefore have an occupation for Richard? Might be possible to find him 1911.
Jan

GlitterBaby

GlitterBaby Report 13 Jan 2010 12:23

Just for info

Marriages Jun 1928 (>99%)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Henke Eva Wilkinson Burnley 8e 401
Wilkinson George R Henke Burnley 8e 401

GlitterBaby

GlitterBaby Report 13 Jan 2010 12:24

Any idea what the middle name for George actually is?

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 13 Jan 2010 12:45

One more thing! Do you have an address for George on the marriage cert? If there is no luck with your search, you could try the electoral register for that address in 1928 (has to be done in person, or by people working where archives are kept).. But it's early days yet!

Do the marriage witnesses offer any clues?

Jan

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 13 Jan 2010 12:48

2 possible births maybe??

Births Mar 1900 (>99%)
Wilkinson George Richard W. Ham 4a 327
Births Jun 1901
WILKINSON George Richard Barnsley 9c 235

Wendy

Wendy Report 13 Jan 2010 13:21

Hi
Sorry didn't realise.
Ok . George Richard Wilkinson got married to Eva Henke 9.6.1928 his address was 1 turf yard, burnley . His father was deceased at this time so I just have Richard Wilkinson (Labourer).

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 13 Jan 2010 13:26

Who are the witnesses? Often family members.
Jan

Wendy

Wendy Report 13 Jan 2010 13:35

The witnesses are Mary Alice Gaskell and Fred Bates, Eva came over from germany as far as I can tell because their daughter my mother was born in 1926 in Kolne but unfortunately does not remember much.