Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Wilkinson = Wilkinson marriage

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

David

David Report 26 Feb 2010 09:35

I have been trying to locate Edith Wilkinson b 1923 (or any of her children) born in Hackney, London son of George William Wilkinson and Mary Beton. Now apparently she married someone with the same name, Henry Wilkinson in 1954 in Hackney 5c 1164 - where this Henry comes from I have no idea.
I think I can trace Henry Wikinson b.1916 in Clapton. Now assuming this Edith is dead - she would be 87 by now - I am looking for some of her children born 1955 - 65. (they would be my second cousins). Can anyone out there help ????
David Wilkinson

David

David Report 26 Feb 2010 11:36

I only have Jan - Mar 1923 - and it is not this Mansfield one. Her grandparents lived in Hackney, her parents did as well - and she is shown as an Hackney birth in BMD.
I have no evidence that the marriage produced children.
Her brother was killed in Burma at the end of WW2 - no children there. I lived in Hackney upto 1968 - my parents always kept me separate from the other Wilkinsons in Hackney.
David Wilkinson

David

David Report 26 Feb 2010 12:41

Thank you very much for your help. So I can assume that my great aunt is still alive at aged 87. I looked up the telephone dir. about two months ago - and saw there was Edith Wilkinson living at 80 Forest Road, Hackney, E8
David Wilkinson