Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Still trying to find the Death of William Roe Wilk

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

cazo52

cazo52 Report 12 Aug 2010 02:36

Hi
I think I have tried everything to find the Death of William Roe Wilkinson, and where he might be buried. ( Roe was his mother's maiden name)
He was born in Sheffield 11/05/1845, baptised at St John's Park Sheff 22/07/1848, was married to Hannah Pybus 27/3/1870, but between 1881 -1891 he had left his wife and family, I have searched for his death, but not yet found him.

Please can anyone help or suggest anything,

Many Thanks

Ozibird

Ozibird Report 12 Aug 2010 03:15

Is this him, similar occupations?

1891 England Census
Name: William Wilkinson
Estimated birth year: abt 1845
Relation: Lodger
Where born: Sheffield, Yorkshire, England
Civil parish: Sheffield
Ecclesiastical parish: St Simons
Town: Sheffield
County/Island: Yorkshire
Street Address: 38 Earl St

Condition as to marriage: mar

Registration district: Sheffield
Sub-registration district: South Sheffield
Household Members:
Name Age
Mary A Ayres 46
Tom Ayres 23
Charles W Ayres 19
Sarah A Ayres 18
Rose Ayres 21
William Wilkinson 46
Frank Peters 35

cazo52

cazo52 Report 12 Aug 2010 11:02

Hi
Yes ,I have found this, although his occupation has changed , it does seem to fit! many thanks for looking, but really need his death and buriel

Thank you

BB

Flick

Flick Report 12 Aug 2010 11:07

Perhaps he emigrated?

Changed his name?

cazo52

cazo52 Report 12 Aug 2010 11:18

Yes, I think he must have , I have searched for William Roe, but nothing, still determined to find him, not sure how, I think he's going to be one of these ongoing ancestors!

Thank you
bb

ellieathome

ellieathome Report 12 Aug 2010 12:58

I had one like that .Couldn't find a death ,then read poor relief and discovered he emigrarted to Australia,never did send for his family.

Have you tried Find my Past .they have burial records.

cazo52

cazo52 Report 12 Aug 2010 14:18

Hi Ellen

I have tried Sheffied Indexes and family search, so I could try find my past. Many Many thanks to you and everyone who has replied to me, you don't feel quite so alone when people help

Thank you
BB