Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Violet Wilkinson-Fischer

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Violet

Violet Report 20 Apr 2003 00:55

My father was HARRY FREDERICK THOMAS Wilkinson, born Brixton, London 8 March 1914, died Kaikohe, New Zealand, 25 June 1973. I believe his mothers maiden name was Bailey, there was an uncle, Bill Bailey, who passed away late 1960's. Dad married Lily Willis (I believe she was from either Leigh-on-Sea or Southend) in 1938? - 1939?, they lived in Leigh-on-Sea, Essex, and had two children, Stanley (1940) and Eileen (1942). Lily passed away in 1944, buried at Leigh-on-Sea. Dad remarried in 1948. My mothers name is Anna Maria Wilkinson, nee O'Neill. I am the eldest child of this second marriage, was born at Rochford Essex 23.5.1949. There are two other children of this marriage, Angela Christine, born 26.1.56 in Leigh-on-Sea, and Anna Maria, born 8.11.57 in Toronto, Ontario,Canada. Stanley now lives in Bath England, Eileen in Prince Edward Island, Canada. I live in New Zealand, as does my youngest sister (Anna Maria). My mother and my other sister now live in Australia (address unknown). Dad had two brothers STANLEY (Stan) and WILLIAM (Bill). Stan married Bridget (surname unknown), they had two children (twins), Angela and Gary. They moved from Essex in 1956 and lived in New York city, then upper New York State. Stan, Bridget and Angela all now deceased. I believe Gary is living somewhere in Michigan, USA. I know nothing about my other uncle, Bill, as my father lost contact with him in 1949. I believe in lived at some time in Stockton-on-Tees, and it has been rumoured that he emigrated to Australia. If anyone knows anything about Bill, my cousin Gary, or any other relations, I would rally love to make contact.