Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Wilkinson

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Doreen

Doreen Report 22 Mar 2007 19:21

GEORGE WILKINSON (Publican) b.abt. 1821, Bolam, Northumberland married Mary b.abt. 1830 Bellingham, Northumberland. Children: Mary A. Wilkinson b.abt. 1854 Stamfordham, Northumberland also Esther Wilkinson b.abt. 1856 Stamfordham and Elizabeth H. Wilkinson b.abt. 1871 Stamfordham. On the 1881 census there is also a lodger Robert Atkinson ( joiner). They are all living at Public House 'Plough' in Heugh, near Newcastle upon Tyne, Northumberland. I am trying to find out if the middle name of Mary A. Wilkinson is Anne/Annie. If it is then I have found a big link to my tree. Annie( as I knew her) was my grt. gran and I know that her father was George Wilkinson a licensed victualler as it says so on her second marriage cert. She was a widow of Joseph Cooney when she married William (Billy) Walton in 1911 at St. Mary's R.C. Church, West Clayton Street, Newcastle upon Tyne. One of the witnesses at her second marriage was a Joseph Stephenson. Any relation to George or Robert Stephenson??. Thanks to David Wilkinson I am looking into this one, as it was mentioned on 'Who do you think you are' that George and Robert Stephenson frequented a pub in Newcastle that was owned by a Wilkinson!!!!!!!!!!!

David

David Report 22 Sep 2007 21:07

Doreen
What is your e mail address at the moment. I sent a photo of the "Plough" at Heugh off to your latest Orange address - did you receive it ?
Dave

Joanne

Joanne Report 14 Jan 2010 08:47

Do you have the names of the parents of George Wilkinson b. 1821. I am a descendent of the Wilkinsons of Bolam and would be most grateful for any information you may have.
Joanne

GlitterBaby

GlitterBaby Report 14 Jan 2010 08:49

This thread is nearly three years old.

Best to try and send a message to Doreen - just click on her board name - she might not be a member now