Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Wilkinson

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Janet

Janet Report 21 Mar 2003 09:18

MURGATROYD I'm trying to find Joseph Murgatroyd who is my Grand Father. He lived in a small town near Leeds before the war. After the war he was de-mobbed in Colchester and that is where the trail ends. Unfortunatly My Grandmother and him seperated and none of the family have seen him since. He would be in his 90's now if still alive. It would be great to find out what happend to him and if he had another family. Sadly My Grandmother died in 1983.

Angela

Angela Report 15 Apr 2010 23:01

Hi it's a long time since you posted but i'll give it a shot.

I have a Joseph Murgatroyd in my tree b.1874 in Pudsey, West Yorks. Do you have any other info on him? My Joseph's father was James Murgatroyd b. 1849 in Wortley.

TheLadyInRed

TheLadyInRed Report 15 Apr 2010 23:08

Angela, as you say, it is a long time since Janet posted this message. Suggest that you click on her name & send her a personal message as unlikely she still reading boards after all this time. As long as she hasn't changed her e-mail address since 2003, if you send her a personal message then she will get a message from Genes teling her that you have responded.

Cynthia

Cynthia Report 16 Apr 2010 16:02

You can also try putting the names you are looking for into the search box above to see if anyone else has them in their tree. If you find a connection you can contact the tree owner. Why not start a new thread of your own? Cx.

Angela

Angela Report 16 Apr 2010 23:31

Thanks Lady In Red. I have sent her a message just to make sure, thanks!
Thanks also Cynthia. I have all his info but wished to pass it on if I could.