Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Andrew Willie Wilkinson married Mary Ann King 1903

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sandra

Sandra Report 19 Nov 2007 05:42

My mother Lilian Wilkinson was born 04/07/1920 in Westminster, London to Andrew and Mary Wilkinson and died 16/10/1949. I know my mother had a younger sister Eve and an older sister Rose.
When my mother married on 25/12/1941 she was living in Page Street, Westminster, London. I am desperate to trace any relatives of Eve and Rose as my father refused to discuss my mother or her family

JaneyCanuck

JaneyCanuck Report 19 Nov 2007 05:55

Do you have their birth records?

Births Sep 1915
Wilkinson Eva I V
King
Hull 9d 555
Wilkinson Rose Y
King
Hull 9d 555

Twins. I guess you didn't have it -- these have to be them, and they're the same age after all.

The record for Eva was originally in error (said page 556) so may have been corrected by a user. Unfortunately, unless someone leaves a postem at FreeBMD (a very recent function), there's no way of knowing.

You might want to leave postems there yourself, with an email address (preferably permanent, web-based, anonymous, like gmail, and written in "name dot isp dot com" form), so anyone searching for the same names can contact you.

JaneyCanuck

JaneyCanuck Report 19 Nov 2007 06:08

Those names could be coincidence ... this is the best match in the death index post-1984 for that "Eva I V", and it's still in Yorkshire:

Name: Eva Irene V Mackey
Birth Date: 4 Aug 1915
Death Registration Month/Year: Jan 1998
Age at death (estimated): 82
Registration district: Beverley
Inferred County: Yorkshire
Register number: 2C
Entry Number: 38

The other potential match is someone born a little early for the birth to have been registered in the September quarter of 1915:

Name: Eva Ida V Caudle
Birth Date: 27 Mar 1915
Death Registration Month/Year: Oct 2003
Age at death (estimated): 88
Registration district: Surrey Northern
Inferred County: Surrey
Register number: NSC23
Entry Number: 3

Here is the death of a "Rose Y" who would be a twin to the first person above:

Name: Rose Ypres Charlton
Birth Date: 4 Aug 1915
Death Registration Month/Year: Jan 1997
Age at death (estimated): 81
Registration district: Hull
Inferred County: Yorkshire
Register number: C55A
Entry Number: 28

The only way to know for sure is to order one of the birth certificates.

I wondered whether the reason for the refusal to talk about them might be that one was older, and was born before marriage. But there is no Andrew Wilkinson - King marriage after 1911, so they must have married before that.

Would this be them?

Marriages Mar 1903

Jerrard John Joseph Southwark 1d 122
** King Mary Ann Southwark 1d 122
Morley Sarah Southwark 1d 122
** Wilkinson Andrew Willie Southwark 1d 122

If so, and Rose were older and Eve younger, Rose could have been born pre-1911 when mother's surnames were first recorded, and there were a passel of Rose Wilkinsons born between 1903 and 1911. But so far no Eve as transcribed after 1920 -- she could be there but not yet transcribed, of course.

On edit ... duh; you brilliantly provided the marriage info in your subject line. Clever moi, I found it all by myself! ;)