Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

royal scots

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Richard

Richard Report 6 Feb 2008 19:58

i am trying to fing info on me ggg grandad david wilson states on marrige cert scot royal they got married 1800 any advicw would be helpful
rich

Richard

Richard Report 7 Feb 2008 09:43

sarah thanytou for your advice
richard

was plain ann now annielaurie

was plain ann now annielaurie Report 7 Feb 2008 14:24

What year did he marry? Surely not 1800??? If 1900, and he didn't serve beyond about 1922, his records, if any, would be at National Archives. If he served after this, then they would be at the address Sarah has given to you.

Richard

Richard Report 7 Feb 2008 15:43

hi ann
yes he married in 1800!!!!! to a jean dickson lochmaben states on marrige cer that i got from peeps private scots royal

was plain ann now annielaurie

was plain ann now annielaurie Report 7 Feb 2008 16:57

In that case, his records, if they survive, would be at Kew. Discharge papers for those who were discharged to pension are name searchable on National Archives catalogue, and whilst there are quite a few David Wilsons, there are none in 21st Foot. He should be listed in muster rolls and possibly other records at Kew, but you would have to go there, or get someone to go for you.