Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

wilsons larne co antrim

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Carol Evans

Carol Evans Report 23 Apr 2008 20:29

hello i am trying to find relatives of wilsons who farmed in co antrim late 1800 early 1900 may have originated from scotland my grandmother sarah carson married robert wilson they had children minnie annie william robert john and elizabeth . regards carol

Deborah

Deborah Report 5 Aug 2008 18:51

Hi im not sure if its the same family but I have been looking for info on my grandfather william wilson who was born 1908 in co antrim, he later married my grandmother and joined the canadian army. He might be robert wilsons son. The only thing I know about his father is that he was in the police force.

Debbie

Victoria

Victoria Report 5 Aug 2008 20:41

hi I'm also looking for information on wilson. My grandad mother was Margaretta Wilson (c1900) she married Joesph McCune. I believe her father was William, born sometime around 1880.

I'm not sure of DOB's both Margaretta and her father William could of been born later.

I think Margaretta married and settled in carrickfergus.

Helen

Helen Report 6 Aug 2008 13:00

Hi I am also searching for Wilsons. I believe my gt.gt.gt.grandparents came to England (Stockport) in the 1850's. They were William and Elizabeth Wilson, both born early 1800. They lived with four of their children in 1861. They were John, Robert, Henry and James. John was my gt.gt. grandfather. He married Ann Sharoles (maybe from Mayo). They had a lot of children, many of whom died. One of their children was Arthur Wilson who married Alice Orme in 1900. They had seven children. One was my grandfather, also Arthur. He married Edith Ashton and they had one son; my dad Bryan Arthur Wilson. Any information would be very welcome.

Helen