Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Reginald & Alice Wilson Western Australia

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Jean

Jean Report 16 Jun 2008 12:29

Reginald Wilson 1895-1952 and Alice Wilson (nee Wallace) b1902, Both emigrated to Western Australia and married in 1929, Northcliffe, moved to Kalgoorlie and then lived later in Perth. Had children Joan b 1931,Patrica b1935,,Kathleen b 1933 and Reginald b1942. Would like to contact anyone who has information of these families in Australia..

Valerie

Valerie Report 16 Jun 2008 15:16

Hi Jean, I've noticed that 'Alice Ann Wilson' d 17/6/1972 -Maniana (Perth) and shares same grave with husband Reginald Wilson who d 30/6/1952. (Karrakatta Cemetery) ............. The 'West Australian State Library' (on-line) has an 'Ask a Librarian' service -they will check newspaper death notices for Alice (d 17/6/72) -which should confirm family names. ........... Also..the Library can check electoral rolls for Reginald (Jnr). (would help if he has a 'middle' name (?)) ...Valerie (WA)

Valerie

Valerie Report 16 Jun 2008 15:23

Also ...you could place an 'ad' in the 'West Australian' newspaper (on-line) -they have a 'Can you help?' column every Monday. ...Valerie

Jean

Jean Report 17 Jun 2008 11:32

Valerie,

Many thanks for your advice. I have a friend emigrating to the Perth area who will advertise for me. I have had difficulty paying in Australian Dollars for this service.I didn't know about the Mnday column so unless she emails me I may not be able to tell her.I will have the library check out the electoral rolls for Reginald B Wilson, although I was told by the Registry office that Reginald B Wilson is now deceased. The library may also help with the notice of death for Alice so I will give it a try.The four names are all I have from the buriel records of Alice and Reginald. I did email the National Archives for his army records but the request was never answered. I must follow that up again. As the children's records are recent I am having difficulty tracking the girls to see if there are records of marriages. Do you know if I would be able to get that information. At least I will then have their surnames. Kathleen was deceased at the. time of her mother's death. I am slowly finding my way round the Australian records so your help is apprceciated. If you think of anything else please let me know.

Jean

Valerie

Valerie Report 17 Jun 2008 13:35

Hi Jean -unfortunately I can only access marriage records on-line to 1949. Couldn't see any death for 'Reginald B' - hopefully he'll be found on electoral rolls -say from1960+ (poss. same address as 'Alice Ann') Re Reginald's Army records -the National Archives has them on-line -(just looked) you can print out his 6 pages. The 'Can you help' column is free - on-line. You may have to wait 2-3weeks for the 'ad' to appear. I live 450km south of Perth so cannot help much further - the State Library should be very helpful to you. ...Valerie

Jean

Jean Report 24 Jul 2008 22:02

Valerie,

I have picked up the army record and photograph, thank you, so we have some additional information going back over. Do you know if there will be a record anywhere of when Reginald arrived in Australia. I cannot find him on any of the emigration records on Ancestry.co.uk that I am certain of. We have his WW1 army number but again Ancestry is not giving away much information on him. Have you any thoughts. He married in 1928 just after Alice arrived in WA and I have her passage details but not for him.

Jean