Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

trying to find

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Wendy

Wendy Report 24 Aug 2008 22:02

I am trying to find any information on my great grandparents John and Jane Wilson. All that i know is that they to my knowledge they had one daughter, Mildred Jane born in1908 and they lived in Cambois, Northumberland. I have tried the 1901 census but have come up with nothing remotely simiar for me to research. Can anyone shed any light?

GlitterBaby

GlitterBaby Report 24 Aug 2008 22:03

Do you have the birth cert for Mildred?

Any idea of when the parents married?

Occupation of John?

June

June Report 24 Aug 2008 22:12

Births Dec 1908 (>99%)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wilson Mildred Jane Morpeth 10b 452

birth cert will give you mother maiden name

June x

Wendy

Wendy Report 24 Aug 2008 22:26

Thanks for quick replies, i am finding it very difficult to find any infromation of this family, there are no surviving reletives that i know of, i knew the birth info on Mildred Jane as this was my grandmother, i looked up using the search records but no maiden name was entered. I only know her fathers name because of her marrriage cert. Thanks any way for looking, it was a stab in the dark but i had to try. Many thanks again

lancashireAnn

lancashireAnn Report 24 Aug 2008 22:33

if you buy the birth certificate it will give you all the info you need to look for her parents in the 1901 census and their marriage. the mothers maiden name only appears on the certifiacte. It does not appear on the registration index until 1911