Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Australian connections

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

kelley

kelley Report 11 Mar 2009 03:00

Im the great granddaughter of Charles Edward Wilson c1877 died before 1925 and his wife? Alice birth and death date not known.
He was born in Jindalee NSW. My family and I are coming up with blanks every where we look. We would love to track the tree down before their daughter Mary Montgomery nee Wilson leaves this world. They also had a younger son then Mary born 1913 and him Bernard 1915? any help, would be wonderful.

Vicci

Vicci Report 11 Mar 2009 03:26

HI

Do you have the birth cert of Charles Edward ?

I can't find Jinderlee in NSW
there is one in WA and one in QLD

In NSW the nearest I have is
Jindera
Jindabyn
Jinden

any ideas where they married and where the children were born?

EvieBeavie

EvieBeavie Report 11 Mar 2009 03:37

The one thing we do have?

18485/1938 marriage
MONTGOMERY GEORGE FRANCIS WILLIAM
WILSON MARY ISABEL
SYDNEY

Is that Mary?

EvieBeavie

EvieBeavie Report 11 Mar 2009 03:38

This is the only option for a Charles Wilson + Alice marriage:

25/1907
WILSON CHARLES F
STAFFORD ALICE V
SYDNEY

EvieBeavie

EvieBeavie Report 11 Mar 2009 09:25

Right, Kelley, I found the thread.

PM from Kelley:

"That is the Mary, my grandmother. Its her parents we are having trouble finding"

Yes, I understand that. So we've confirmed that that's the right marriage?

Have you obtained the Montgomery-Wilson marriage certificate to see whether it names her parents? It should do!

kelley

kelley Report 11 Mar 2009 09:30

Yes thats her Evie.
I also noticed that marriage notice when i did a check with BDM. To small problems. The second Name for Charlies doesnt match, though again, could be bad spelling..lol And with Alice we arnt sure on her second name. But am thinking of picking up the certificate anyway. You just never know;

Victoria,

now Im just checking Charles war records. The writing is difficult, BUT its Near Cootamundra (spelling on that is difficult the secord o looks like an r on the document) in the parish of Jundiliee in the county of Harden.. In NSW .

We have nothing but Edwards service papers. Their daughter and son both went into some kind of foster care some time between 1915-1925. She tells us she was about 4 or 5 at the time, which would make it around 1919.

Thank you both for the information and advice.

Kelley

EvieBeavie

EvieBeavie Report 11 Mar 2009 09:54

Ah ... so if Mary Wilson didn't know her parents' names, they wouldn't be on her marriage certificate. A conundrum.

What about her birth certificate? It can't be got at by searching the BMD database because she was born after 1908, but she can certainly get a copy herself -- or someone signing her name could get it. ;) That should have the names. You might want to contact the Registry for guidance if you don't have Mary's definite birth details.

http://www.bdm.nsw.gov.au/familyHistory/familyHistory.htm
http://www.bdm.nsw.gov.au/births/births.htm

Good luck!

Vicci

Vicci Report 11 Mar 2009 11:12

on the map nearest place that sounds like that is

Jerilderie

this is the nearest birth in that area
9237/1876 WILSON CHARLES JOHN LOUISA
district BOOROWA

Vicci

Vicci Report 11 Mar 2009 21:03

this is a long shot

marriage
2056/1907 WILSON EDWARD LORD ALICE M NEWTOWN

This is the Harden country website, they have a "ask a libriarian"service"
http://www.harden.nsw.gov.au/library/1322/1329.html

They maybe able to help find the birth of Charles Edward

Contact details
Harden Shire Library
02 6386 0150 (ph)
02 6386 0151 (fax)
[email protected]

kelley

kelley Report 12 Mar 2009 13:16

IT is but amazeing what long shots can pull off..lol Found some new information, more information from the service records show that Alice had a G before the Alice, though only on one document. Now im just waiting for the wedding certificate, hope that gives me what i need. Thanks everyone for your help.

Kelley

EvieBeavie

EvieBeavie Report 12 Mar 2009 19:46

What I don't understand, Kelley, is why you don't just get Mary Wilson Montgomery's birth certificate?

It will give her mother's name.

kelley

kelley Report 12 Mar 2009 21:01

Well Evie... being that i only started this ... lol when i started the thread...*S*

That will be my other area to check. My mum started this search, she tells me a year ago, And Im not sure why she doesnt have that information.
Except not wanting to let the rest of the family know she's searching.

Im now starting the search my self, and being that i had no idea what i was doing. :) I thought asking here and asking ALL you lovely folk would give me the ideas on what i needed to do.. And you have, which im grateful for.

So now its a waiting game. Hopefully grandma was registered..lol Otherwise...lol Im getting ahead of my self here..

SO thank you everyone.. you have given me starting points. :)

Oh and dont come to QLD today... Well my area.. the rain is still here..lol

kelley

kelley Report 14 Mar 2009 05:30

Came up with some new news..

Alices Name

Alice Eunice Mitchell..

And found a few Alices in a rough time free through births deaths and marriages... Cant find the marriage cert for her and Charles yet.. But...

havent given up.. to hooked now..