Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Looking for John Wilson and family

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Amy

Amy Report 29 Mar 2009 19:23

We are trying to trace details of my g.granddad's family. My g.granddad was John Wilson (possibly had a middle name of Alexander). He was born on 18/03/1896 in Liverpool. I've tried to order his birth cert. but out of the 3 I've ordered none of them match to his date of birth. John's father according to John's marriage cert is Patrick Wilson and he was a dock labourer. I cannot find any info on Patrick on any of the censuses. We believe that besides John, Patrick had children called Nellie, Betty and Patrick. I know nothing of Patrick's wife.
Any info/advice would be great as we've hit a brick wall!!
:-)

Pam

Pam Report 29 Mar 2009 19:27

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Births Mar 1897 (>99%)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wilson John Alexander W. Derby 8b 555

Pam

Pam Report 29 Mar 2009 19:27

A possibility if you think his middle name was Alexander

Births Mar 1897 (>99%)

Wilson John Alexander W. Derby 8b 555

Amy

Amy Report 29 Mar 2009 19:31

Would this be the correct birth cert as it's the year after John was born. He was definitely born in 1896. I may order this cert just to see if it him.