Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find grandfather, Aleaxander Wait Wilson

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sandra

Sandra Report 8 Apr 2009 21:18

I am tring to find my information about my grandfather Alexander Wait Wilson who married and divorced Elizabeth Barclay in 1938. His mother was Mary Wilson who later married James Littleson.Alexander was born in Bathgate in 1906 When he divorced the address I have for him is in London.

Smiley

Smiley Report 8 Apr 2009 21:22

What info do you seek exactly?
I cannot find his birth
Were there chidren from your grandfathers 1st marriage? Your mother/father I assume? Any more?
You could search for a 2nd marriage, and subsequent children to find living desendants.
You could also search deaths on Ancestry and send for the cert, the informant can lead you onto living relatives.
Sam

Catherine

Catherine Report 8 Apr 2009 21:26

So are we correct in saying that Mary was not married when she had Alexander, or was Wilson her married name?

Sandra

Sandra Report 9 Apr 2009 13:28

Sorry didn't get back, I knew to this and couldn't work out how to reply. Firstly I would like to know if anyone knows of Alexander Wilson. I have no information about him other than that he was born illegitimate to Mary Wilson in Bathgate in 1906. He married my grandmother Elizabeth Barclay and had my father Peter (Harry) in 1934. They divorced in 1938 and the address I have for that time was in London. After that nothing. I have managed to trace his mother's family and have discovered that she married a James Littleson in 1915 and they went on to have a family of at least 3 children.
Thanks for your replies.