Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Carol

Carol Report 24 Oct 2009 23:41

I am looking for any info on Edward Wilson born approx 1876 in Holloway London. He worked as a railway porter and prior to 1911 moved to Jersey and married Ada Marett. I have nothing on Edward other than the details above and would really appreciate help in finding his parents names and any brothers and sisters(if he had any) Thanks

Tania

Tania Report 24 Oct 2009 23:53

1891 England Census
about Edward Wilson
Name: Edward Wilson
Estimated Birth Year: abt 1876
Relation: Lodger
Where born: Holloway, London, England

Civil parish: Kimberworth
Ecclesiastical parish: Kimberworth
Town: Masbrough
County/Island: Yorkshire

Street Address:

Condition as to marriage:

Education:

Employment status: View image

Registration district: Rotherham
Sub-registration district: Kimberworth
ED, institution, or vessel: 5
Neighbors: View others on page
Household Members: Name Age
John Edwards 36
Hannah Edwards 37
Joseph Edwards 12
Elizabeth Edwards 10
Hannah Edwards 8
Jane Edwards 7
John Edwards 5
William Edwards 2
Edward Wilson 15

Madmeg

Madmeg Report 25 Oct 2009 00:12

Carol we need more info. There are lots of Edward Wilsons born in London around that time, so it is going to be sheer guesswork. We could pull up many possibles, but you will not have a clue which one is right.

Do you know where Ada Marett came from? Date of birth?

It could be the one Tania has found, if a Pony Driver (???) is a sort of railway porter. But I would like more info before being certain.

jerseylily

jerseylily Report 25 Oct 2009 00:18

If he married in Jersey I could probably find the reference and then look at the certificate - free to view over her - you would at least then have his fathers name and occupation. I know that there are Maretts over here.

I could also look at this next time I'm at the Archive

Immigration and nationality cardD/S/A/4/A12651 Registration card of Ada Emily Wilson, née Marett of 31, Roseville Street, St Helier, born 05/01/1876. 18/01/1941 - 18/01/1941 - cards that everyone who was here during the Occupation had to have.

Pam

Carol

Carol Report 25 Oct 2009 22:17

Thank you so much guys, I am new to this site and am amazed at how much info you have found so quickly when I have spent weeks trying to get the little info i have. I really appreciate it.
I have very little info on Edward wilson other than he was born in 1876 and it sounds like the info Tania found is correct. (Can everyone see each others posts?) I know he marrried Ada Marett in Jersey around 1904 and went on to have 2 children born in Jersey. Ada & Grace.
Apart from that I know nothing of Edward but beleive he had at least a sister. Again thanks a lot for your help.
Carol

Madmeg

Madmeg Report 26 Oct 2009 01:42

Hi Carol

Yes we can all see each other's posts. But if you send Private Messages to people we cannot see them. I would suggest you only do that if you have something personal to say to them.

Seems like Lily is your best bet next.

Margaret