Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Charlotte A Wilson

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Paul

Paul Report 22 Jan 2010 17:03

I am trying to find Charlotte A Wilson born 1917 to Alice R. (nee canham) & Reuben Alexander Wilson. She married Harry Knibb but when she died she was living with Alex ?. Died in Basingstoke but can't find a Death Cert.

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 22 Jan 2010 17:34

Perhaps she assumed another surname while living with Alex.
When did she die?
Do you know her birthdate?

Gwyn

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 22 Jan 2010 18:33

Marriage records on Ancestry show her marrying Harry W.G.KNIPP in Edmonton district.

Is that incorrect?

Gwyn

Paul

Paul Report 24 Jan 2010 17:40

Many thanks for replying. The story is that my Gt. Aunt Charlotte (aka Lottie) was living with Alex (we never knew his surname). According to my parents she died in Basingstoke and although my Father attended her funeral he can't remember where it was. As far as we know they were not married but yes, indeed, she could have taken his name or secretly got married. We have checked her maiden name (Wilson) married name (Knibb) and also her Mothers name Canham so we can only assume she took on another name. So unless someone actually knew her near the end of her life we think we have come to the end of our enquiries. We think she was born in 1917 and died around 1985. If you have any ideas that would be great. Thanks for the help. Kim