Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

relatives of Sgt/Gunner Ronald Wilson RAF - KIA

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Richard

Richard Report 8 Feb 2010 13:50

I am the nephew of Sgt/Observer 'Bill' Wilson RAF - killed along with Ronald (no relation) and the pilot Stanley Ashton - flying out of RAF Eastchurch on 4th June 1940. I wish to make contact with relatives with a view to setting up a memorial to these men at the Eastchurch site. Any information, help or advice would be gratefully received.

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 8 Feb 2010 13:52

this could be a good place to start

The RAF Association (RAFA) : Support for serving and ex RAF ...
The RAF Association (RAFA) is a membership organisation of serving and former members of the Royal Air Force, their families and dependants and all those ...

www.rafa.org.uk/ - 27k - Similar pages

Linda in the Midlands

Linda in the Midlands Report 8 Feb 2010 13:56

Name: WILSON, RONALD
Initials: R
Nationality: United Kingdom
Regiment/Service: Royal Air Force
Unit Text: 59 Sqdn.
Date of Death: 04/06/1940
Service No: 629500
Additional information: Son of Mr. and Mrs. Thomas W. Wilson. of Greenside.
Casualty Type: Commonwealth War Dead
Grave/Memorial Reference: Sec. G. Grave 111.
Cemetery: RYTON CEMETERY

Richard

Richard Report 8 Feb 2010 13:57

Thanks. I am in touch with a relative of Stanley Ashton but no joy yet with Ronald. I have 'trawled' the Ronald Wilsons on this site but with no success so far. RAFA have not been able to help either yet.

Richard

Richard Report 8 Feb 2010 14:00

Sorry, Linda, maybe I should have said I have the information you have kindly given me. It is the relatives I wish to contact now. I have also been in touch with the Blenheim Association so I know details of how they were killed although am researching this in more detail.

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 8 Feb 2010 14:07

World War 2 Ex RAF Homepage
Looking to be reunited with old friends or seeking information on someone who served with the Royal Air Force during WWII? We can help.

www.worldwar2exraf.co.uk/ - 20k - Similar pages

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 8 Feb 2010 14:08

Royal Air Force Community Support
RAFCOM can provide RAF personnel, veterans and family members with access to FREE email ... The RAF Widows' Association has launched its own website ...

www.rafcom.co.uk/ - 26k - Similar pages

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 8 Feb 2010 14:09

RAF Eastchurch - Military Genealogy
RAF Eastchurch - Military Genealogy. ... Are you looking for your friends who served on RAF Eastchurch? Find them on Forces Reunited - The British Armed ...

military-genealogy.forcesreunited.org.uk/1734/RA... - 15k - Similar pages

http://military-genealogy.forcesreunited.org.uk/1734/RAF_Eastchurch