Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Tryubg to find

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Wendy

Wendy Report 3 Mar 2010 20:56

I am trying to find connections with any Wilson's who's family lived in Northumberland (Cambois). John Wilson was born in 1880 and was married to Jane ????? and to my knowledge 1 daughter Mildren Jane Wilson.

Wendy

Wendy Report 3 Mar 2010 21:27

Thank you for your information, however it is the John Wilson side of the family i am interested on. I know of the information you sent as this is my grandmother but her fathers family is very hard to find. Thank you again

**Ann**

**Ann** Report 3 Mar 2010 21:50

Wendy,

Silly question........are you certain of the name of Johns Wife? There is a Mildred Jane Wilson with father John in Morpeth but wife is Eleanor??

Ann

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 3 Mar 2010 22:11

I agree with janet H. if you can find out his wife's name you will have much better luck finding him. With such a common name you need all the help you can get!
Jan

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 3 Mar 2010 22:21

Found by Wendy:

WILSON, John Head Married M 37 1874 Coal Miner Sotoneman Belside Northumberland VIEW
WILSON, Eleanor Wife Married
5 years F 42 1869 Newham Northumberland VIEW
WILSON, Mildred Jane Daughter F 2 1909 Seaton Hirst Northumberland VIEW

Registration District:
Morpeth Sub District:
Ashington EnumerationDistrict:
8 Parish:
Hirst

Address:
12 1/2 Rosalind Street Hirst Ashington County:
Northumberland

Jill 2011 (aka Warrior Princess of Cilla!)

Jill 2011 (aka Warrior Princess of Cilla!) Report 3 Mar 2010 22:31

Buy the birth certificate.

You will never be sure of what you might find on any census or how correct it is. Mildred's birth cert will give you the info you need.

Without it your research cannot be considered credible.

Jill

**Ann**

**Ann** Report 3 Mar 2010 22:47

Yes jan, that is the one i found, but not sure re Jane??

Wendy, i would take these good ladies advice and start from the birth of Mildred.

Annx