Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Arthur Stanley Wilson

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Karen

Karen Report 19 Jun 2010 10:08

Hi there, im trying to find more information on the Wilson family, My grandfather was Arthur Stanley Wilson, born 21/7/1916, Sculcoates district, His father was John Wilson c1890 and mother Ada Campbell c1890, I have some sibling names but no other details, please help if you can. many thanks

Mary

Mary Report 19 Jun 2010 12:03

On the 1911 census it says John and ada married 12 years,there was another John Robert Wilson married in Sculcoates to maybe Ada Harrison.J/A/S 1898 9d 349 this would match 1911 census.

There is also a tree on Ancestry.co.uk with Ada Campbell and John Robert Wilson and they had the following Ada 1898
Sarah 1899
John 1901
Emily 1903
Mark Sutton Wilson 1907
None of which are on the 1911 census which was posted.

Do you know for deffinate that John Robert Wilson and Ada Campbell are yours??

Maryb

EDIT Yes i see that Campbell was the mums maiden name on Arthur Stanley Wilson 's birth,so the 1911 census posted could be the wrong one.

Mary

Mary Report 19 Jun 2010 12:13

Correct 1911
14,Emeline Terrace St Paul Hull
John Robert Wilson 1875 Hull Timber carrier married 15 years +1896
Ada 1878 Hull
Ada Isabella 1898
Sarah Annie 1899
John Robert 1901
Emily Francis 1903
Mark Sutton Wilson 1908.

Maryb

John Wilson born 1818 Fridaythorpe married Isabella 1815 had Mark S Wilson 1851-1923 Hull married Anne Eliza Hesk born 1853 Hull had John Robert Wilson 1872 hull.

Mary

Mary Report 19 Jun 2010 12:46

I think John Robert Wilson married again 1925 and had a daughter.

There was death for John R Wilson Sculcoates 1928 age 53 = 1875
So thet would fit .

I haven't posted details of second wife as her daughter may still be alive.

Maryb

PricklyHolly

PricklyHolly Report 19 Jun 2010 12:51

1901 England Census
about John R Wilson
Name: John R Wilson
Estimated birth year: abt 1875
Relation: Head
Spouse's name: Ada
Where born: Hull, Yorkshire, England

Civil parish: Holy Trinity and St Mary
Ecclesiastical parish: St Stephen
County/Island: Yorkshire

Street Address:

Condition as to marriage:

Education:

Employment status:

View image

Registration district: Hull
Sub-registration district: Humber
ED, institution, or vessel: 17
Neighbors: View others on page
Household schedule number: 61
Household Members:
Name Age
John R Wilson 26
Ada Wilson 23
Ada J Wilson 3
Sarah A Wilson 1

Susan

PricklyHolly

PricklyHolly Report 19 Jun 2010 16:23

Hi Karen, in case you are unaware, you recieved replies on your "Trying To Find" thread today. Susan.

PricklyHolly

PricklyHolly Report 19 Jun 2010 16:27

Oop's just PMd that!

Karen

Karen Report 19 Jun 2010 17:17

Hi there, Sorry i haven't replied, A little new to this! Yes this is the family I am looking for! I have edited some of the birth dates for John Robert Wilson (born 1875) and Ada Campbell (born 1878) These are correct. Are also the children, my grandfathers siblings. I Have had a look at the 1911 census and I do think that John and Ada married in 1896, as you suggested, my circa ages where incorrect. Where do i go from here, in finding their parents details?

Many Thanks

Karen

Mary

Mary Report 19 Jun 2010 17:21

Hi Karen,I posted John Robert Wilson's parents earlier.

Maryb

Karen

Karen Report 19 Jun 2010 17:31

Hi there Maryb, thank you for your help, Is this the parents and grandparents of the John Robert Wilson i am looking for, John Wilson born 1818 Fridaythorpe married Isabella 1815 had Mark S Wilson 1851-1923 Hull married Anne Eliza Hesk born 1853 Hull had John Robert Wilson 1872 hull. Is this definate for the John Robert Wilson i am looking for because i believe his year of birth was 1875?
Thank you
Karen

Mary

Mary Report 19 Jun 2010 18:18

Hi Karen,I took the info off a tree on Ancestry.co.uk.
They also have him married to Ada Campbell like you do,but they also have him marrying again to Margaret Holmes.

I can't say that it is for deffinate as I don't know if they have researched it correctly.

Maryb.
You could check on here for the names I gave you and possibly get intouch and compare info.

Mary

Mary Report 19 Jun 2010 18:24

Karen regarding the info I sent you privately about a second marriage and daughter being born 1927/8.

Someone on here has that name and Ada Campbell 1877 Hull,maybe you should try and make contact with him.

Maryb

Karen

Karen Report 19 Jun 2010 19:06

Thank you Maryb i will have a look into this, regards Karen

Karen

Karen Report 20 Jun 2010 12:36

Hi There Maryb, I have made contact with a couple of people in regards to Ada Campbell 1977 but i am sure that the Ada Campbell i am looking for was born 1978 from the 1901 census. I know you sent details of John Robert Wilson's parents and grandparents but please can you confirm these are correct because the dates of birth are different. The John Robert Wilson i think i am looking for was born 1975. I have searched some of the census's, marriage's, birth's and added these to my tree but they are not showing up, please can you help.

Many Thanks
Karen

Mary

Mary Report 20 Jun 2010 13:35

Actuall dates on census records vary a lot of times,I tend to go on the 1911 one as they have been filled in by the occupiers themselves.

As for the info I gave you about John Roberts parents I can't say for sure that it is correct as i copied from some ones tree on Ancestry.co.uk.

Maryb

Karen

Karen Report 20 Jun 2010 23:03

Hi Maryb, I think i have found the person you was referring too in regards to who i should make contact with, i have made contact and he has replied, there is alot of info that fits in well! When you said you saw John Robert Wilson remarrying to a Margaret Holmes, there is one but not the one born 1875 but his son born 1901, which means that is was my grandad's brother who married her not his dad! I have alot of details which im going to look into tomorrow,
Many thanks for all your help, this is promising!
Regards
Karen

Mary

Mary Report 21 Jun 2010 08:41

Your welcome Karen.

Good Luck Maryb.