Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Anyone with Ancestry Worldwide Membership??

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Stuart

Stuart Report 16 Aug 2010 19:44

Hi all, i am trying to search for two family members who emmigrated to Auz & Canada. But am finding it hard to track them after they left the ship's. There details are

Sydney Wilson Born December 1883 in Faversham, Engalnd & departed england Jan 1913 for Brisbane, Australia

Walter Thomas Wilson born 1892 in strood, england & departed england 14.9.1911 to Quebec.

Last known address for them both was The Street, Adisham, Kent, UK and their parents names are George Wilson & Charlotte Wilson.

I hope someone or some people may be able to help as at a total dead end with this as don't want to subscribe to an expenses membership unless i can confirm these are the correct people im looking for.

Thank you for any help and please just let me know if i can offer any more info please.

Many Thanks

Stuart

CherryBlossom

CherryBlossom Report 16 Aug 2010 20:16

There is this chap in Canada - names are transposed - could he be a possible??

Canada, Soldiers of the First World War, 1914-1918
about Thomas Walter Wilson
Name: Thomas Walter Wilson
Residence: Sioux Lockout, Ontario
Birth Date: 10 Aug 1892
Birth Location: Kent, England
Relative: Mrs C Wilson
Relationship: Mother
Regiment Number: 198633

Details for mother are:-

Mrs C Wilson
No 1 Welby Cottages
St Peters Lane
Canterbury

EDIT - in view of Choccy's find - thought I would add that on the attestation record Thomas Walter Wilson's occupation is down as bricklayer.

Choccy

Choccy Report 16 Aug 2010 20:28

WILSON, George Head Married M 58 1853 Bricklayer Ashford Kent VIEW
WILSON, Charlotte Wife Married
40 years F 58 1853 Canterbury Kent VIEW
WILSON, Lily Wife F 11 1900 School Catford London S E VIEW

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

RG number:
RG14 Piece:
4339 Reference:
RG14PN4339 RG78PN174 RD58 SD1 ED19 SN222

Registration District:
Canterbury Sub District:
Canterbury Enumeration District:
19 Parish:
Canterbury

Address:
*********2 Welby Square St Peters Lane Canterbury County:
Kent

Stuart

Stuart Report 16 Aug 2010 22:27

Thats him guys!!!

Thats brilliant news, he was a brickie before he left. Thank you so much, how would i go about finding ut more about him now?

So one found just gotta find the Aussie one now haha

Many Thanks

Stu