Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to Find information on the Wilson Family -

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sylvia

Sylvia Report 27 Sep 2010 16:57

I have a birth & death cert for Nicholas Wilson from Sunderland, and on the death cert name of informant is Sylvia Wilson Step Daughter.
If anyone has any information on Sylvia Wilson I would appreciate it.
Nicholas was born 1914 and died 1983.
Would also like to know if he re-married, as I think he was married to Gladys Crawford in 1940.
Thanks
Sylvia

Flick

Flick Report 27 Sep 2010 17:03

How odd that a step-daughter should have the same surname as her step-father

Unless you can find a GR member who is also researching these names, you may find it difficult to learn anything about Sylvia.

Flick

Flick Report 27 Sep 2010 17:06

I think you need to establish whether it was he who actually married Gladys................then look for her death, before looking for a second marriage.

patchem

patchem Report 27 Sep 2010 17:56

Gladys E E Crawford
Spouse Surname: Wilson
Date of Registration: Jul-Aug-Sep 1940
Registration district: Edmonton
Registration county (inferred): Middlesex
Volume Number: 3a
Page Number: 3772
Nicholas Wilson Crawford Jul-Aug-Sep 1940 Edmonton Middlesex

patchem

patchem Report 27 Sep 2010 18:00

Gladys's birth?:
Births Jun 1917
Crawford Gladys E E Kingham Edmonton 3a 917

Sylvia

Sylvia Report 28 Sep 2010 12:32

Hi Patricia
I have the birth cert for Gladys Crawford and the marriage cert Nicholas/Gladys.
I need to find out more about the Wilson side of the family.
Nicholas & Gladys parted I think around about the early part of the 50's.
I have lots of information on the Crawford/Kingham families, but not the Wilson's.
Any help would be appreciated
Thanks Sylvia

Sylvia

Sylvia Report 28 Sep 2010 12:36

Hi Flick
Thank you for your reply, yes it is odd, but not sure how to find out any information, I think Nicholas Wilson must have remarried and the wife already had a daughter.
The trouble is Wilson is a very common name in the Sunderland area.
THanks
Sylvia

Mike *

Mike * Report 28 Sep 2010 13:39

Does the death cert give an address for the informant?
Perhaps you could check the electoral roll to see who else was living there.

Flick

Flick Report 28 Sep 2010 14:39

I'm puzzled as to why your original posting said you 'think' he married Crawford..........then you say you have the cert.............

Are you 100% certain that death cert is for the man who married in 1940?

Where was Nicholas born?

Have you checked the ER for the address at which he was living immediately prior to his death?

Flick

Flick Report 28 Sep 2010 14:41

Name: Nicholas Wilson
Birth Date: 20 Oct 1914
Death Registration Month/Year: 1983
Registration district: Sunderland
Inferred County: Tyne and Wear
Volume: 2
Page: 1619

Births Dec 1914 (>99%)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wilson Nicholas Baxter Sunderland 10a 1548

He was a long way from home when he married................if it's the same person

Sylvia

Sylvia Report 28 Sep 2010 18:32

Hi Flick
Sorry about the confusion, it was a error on my part, no I am a 100% sure that's what I am trying to find out, but the age add's up and Nicholas son from his marriage to Gladys said his dad's birthday was in October.

Nicholas was born in the Sunderland area and his father was also called Nicholas both worked down the mines.

No I have not checked the ER yet.

Thank you for all your help
Sylvia

Sylvia

Sylvia Report 29 Sep 2010 17:20

Hi Flick
I am not having much luck with the ER prior to the death which would be 1982, perhaps you could point me in the right direction?
Thanks
Sylvia

Flick

Flick Report 29 Sep 2010 17:27

The address on the death cert will need to be checked out at the main public library for the area.

Gee

Gee Report 7 Nov 2010 12:03

Sylvia

Ive nudged this thread up so you can ask your questions here. I dont have the answers to everything but others might be able to help

Can you post what you are looking for on here

x

Sylvia

Sylvia Report 7 Nov 2010 12:32

Would like to find out any information on Nicholas Wilson
from the 1930's to 1940.
He was on the Jarrow March.

On His death cert I have two address:-
Nicholas lived at Flat 3, 37 St Margarets Court, Castletown, Sunderland, with Lily I Wilson
Any information on Lily I Wilson would be great.

The informant was his Step Daughter Sylvia Wilson and the other address was:-
3 Canterbury Road, Hylton Castle, Sunderland.

In 1982 on the ER living at Canterbury Road was John R & Shirley Wilson any information would be great.

Elizabeth Wilson was Nicholas sister not sure who she married, but moved down to London and run a pub, also had a daughter Janet any information would be gbreat

Thank you
Sylvia