Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Reginald henry rimington- wilson

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Gillian Heather

Gillian Heather Report 7 Mar 2011 17:46

am looking for any descendants of the above born 3 nov 1852 in madeira spent his life in bolsterstone sheffield from broomhead hall.

Lindsey*

Lindsey* Report 7 Mar 2011 17:57

Doesnt appear to have married ?

Flick

Flick Report 7 Mar 2011 17:58

Try looking yourself on freebmd - for a marriage in the first instance. If you find one, look then for possible children

http://www.freebmd.org.uk/

Look for him on the 1881 census......FREE

http://www.familysearch.org/eng/default.asp

Flick

Flick Report 7 Mar 2011 17:59

Find out who registered his death.........

Deaths Jun 1927 (>99%)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rimington-Wilson Reginald H R 74 Wortley 9c 349

Mark

Mark Report 7 Mar 2011 18:00

Reginald Henry Rimington-Wilson1

M, #139045, b. 3 November 1852, d. 31 March 1927

Last Edited=23 Jan 2005
Reginald Henry Rimington-Wilson was born on 3 November 1852.2 He was the son of James Wilson Rimington-Wilson and Jane Wallas.1 He died on 31 March 1927 at age 74, unmarried.2
Reginald Henry Rimington-Wilson was educated at Eton College, Eton, Berkshire, England.3 He was educated at Trinity College, Cambridge University, Cambridge, Cambridgeshire, England.3 He gained the rank of officer in the service of the Inniskilling Dragoons.3 He was famous for having shot 2500 grouse in one day.3

Lindsey*

Lindsey* Report 7 Mar 2011 18:04

Jane Wallas1
F, #139043

Last Edited=15 Jan 2005
Jane Wallas is the daughter of Robert Wallas.1 She married James Wilson Rimington-Wilson on 6 June 1849.
From 6 June 1849, her married name became Rimington-Wilson.1
Children of Jane Wallas and James Wilson Rimington-Wilson
Reginald Henry Rimington-Wilson1 b. 3 Nov 1852, d. 31 Mar 1927
Henry Rimington-Wilson+1 b. 11 Jan 1854, d. 17 May 1915
Citations

Mark

Mark Report 7 Mar 2011 18:04

James Wilson Rimington-Wilson1

M, #50551, b. 1 July 1822, d. 25 November 1877

Last Edited=15 Jan 2005
James Wilson Rimington-Wilson was born on 1 July 1822.1 He married Jane Wallas, daughter of Robert Wallas, on 6 June 1849. He died on 25 November 1877 at age 55.1
His Father

James Wilson Rimington-Wilson was baptised with the name of James Wilson Rimington.1 On 24 July 1840 his name was legally changed to James Wilson Rimington-Wilson by Royal Licence.1 He lived at Broomhead Hall, Yorkshire, England.1

Children of James Wilson Rimington-Wilson and Jane Wallas
1.Reginald Henry Rimington-Wilson1 b. 3 Nov 1852, d. 31 Mar 1927
2.Henry Rimington-Wilson+1 b. 11 Jan 1854, d. 17 May 1915

Flick

Flick Report 7 Mar 2011 18:05

1881 - with his mother

Name: Reginald H. R. R. Wilson
Estimated Birth Year: abt 1853
Relation: Head
Mother's Name: Jane R. Wilson
Where born: (British Subject), Madeira, Portugal

Civil parish: Bradfield
County/Island: Yorkshire

Street Address: Broomhead Hall
Education:

Employment status: View image
Occupation: J P Late Lieut VI Dragoons (...) (West Riding Yorks)

Registration district: Wortley
Sub-registration district: Bradfield
ED, institution, or vessel: 5
Neighbors: View others on page
Household Members: Name Age
Reginald H. R. R. Wilson 28
Jane R. Wilson 56
Mary Morris 39
Mary A. Fairest 34
Alice Stanniforth 15
Florence Crowther 17
Alfred Fuller 19

Still with mother in 1901

Name: Reginald H R R Wilson
Estimated Birth Year: abt 1853
Relation: Head
Mother's Name: Jane R Wilson
Where born: Madeira B Subject

Civil parish: Bradfield
Ecclesiastical parish: Bradfield
Town: Wigtwizzle
County/Island: Yorkshire

Registration district: Wortley
Sub-registration district: Bradfield
ED, institution, or vessel: 5
Neighbors: View others on page
Household schedule number: 6
Household Members: Name Age
Reginald H R R Wilson 48
Jane R Wilson 76
Ellen Wallas 44
William Andrews 25
L A Livesley 43
Blanche Helliwell 25
Alfred Haigh 34
Gertrude Ellam 19
Jessie A Wilkinson 22

Unmarried.....so no legitimate descendants

Gillian Heather

Gillian Heather Report 7 Mar 2011 18:05

wow that was quick, thanks. I have a drawing of him that has passed down from my ggg aunt, and want to return it to the family, but I guess if he never had family nobody would be interested. Thanks again. GILL

Mike *

Mike * Report 7 Mar 2011 19:10

There is an advert for a portrait of R H Rimington-Wilson for sale ..........

http://www.amazon.co.uk/1904-Antique-Portrait-Rimington-Wilson-Hunting/dp/B001RGM1W6

Also check out the family tree on

http://www.thepeerage.com/p13905.htm

Joanna

Joanna Report 8 Nov 2017 13:50

Hi Gillian,
I am a direct descendant of the Reverend William Rimington (Reginald Henry Remington-Wilson's uncle through his father James Wilson Rimington-Wilson of Broomhead Hall). James married Jane Wallas in June 1849 in Madeira, daughter of the sugar-cane merchant, Robert Wallas, of that island.
As I understand it, Reginald himself had no children however his older sister, Harriet M Wilson married Col. Sir Alexander Moncrieff and had 7 children that I know of: Malcolm, Maud, Gerard, Alaric, Roger, Mary & Duncan.
Reginald's younger brother, Henry, married Ethel Mary Butler and I know of 3 children that they had: Henry Edmund (b.1899), Lettice & Pamela (twins b. 1900).
I have a far broader tree for this family than is possible to give you here but if you would like any further information then please do get in touch and I'll be happy to share my genealogical research.
I would be very interested to know your connection to the family whether genetic or via the drawing you mention above.
Kind regards,
Joanna

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 8 Nov 2017 18:49

Joanna, this is a six-year-old thread, and Gillian won't be looking for replies here now.

You can try sending her a private message - just click on her name at the top of he post. If she has kept her email address updated with GR, she will be notified that there's a message from you in the system, and then she may, with luck, reply.

On the other hand, there are many reasons why she may not either receive or be able to reply to your message.

Good luck!