Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Further Ronald Wilson marriages

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Gillian

Gillian Report 1 Apr 2011 17:35

Hi
My father married my mother in 1960. He went on to re-marry at least once more and had further children - after 1968. I do not know any of his other wives names or childrens names. His name was Ronald Wilson, date of birth 14/9/36 and date of death 26/2/1995. He has been in the Liverpool area. I have half siblings out there and I don't know how to find them! Any help would be appreciated.

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 1 Apr 2011 17:37

I assume you have his death cert, and the informant & address don't offer any clues?
Jan

JaneyCanuck

JaneyCanuck Report 1 Apr 2011 17:45

Gillian, you have a thread about Ronald Wilson already.

Please delete this thread and return to the existing one, and post the further question there.

That's the rule. One post per person/family, so that other members don't waste time searching for information already found.

http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards.page/board/trying_to_find/wilson/thread/1259374

You can find it any time by clicking on "My thread participation" on the left.

Gillian

Gillian Report 1 Apr 2011 18:56

Sorry, I think I have now deleted it !

Yes got the death cert and no clues.

JaneyCanuck

JaneyCanuck Report 1 Apr 2011 19:27

No, Gillian, that's not how it's done. You don't delete the thread that has all the info in it and then start a new one. I said delete *this* one ...

Oh well.

JaneyCanuck

JaneyCanuck Report 1 Apr 2011 19:29

for info then

Name: Ronald Wilson
Birth Date: 14 Sep 1936
Death Registration Month/Year: Feb 1995
Age at death (estimated): 58
Registration district: Liverpool
Inferred County: Lancashire
Register number: A9D
District and Subdistrict: 0251A
Entry Number: 191

-- shows location, no middle name

JaneyCanuck

JaneyCanuck Report 1 Apr 2011 19:31

Unfortunately, just 1968 to 1978, there were 9 Ronald Wilson marriages in Liverpool.

Does the death certificate not have a family member as the informant?

Not asking you to put that info here as that would be an invasion of privacy. Just wondering if you can tell who the informant is. Also, whether the address at death (or of the informant) seems to be his own home address.

JaneyCanuck

JaneyCanuck Report 1 Apr 2011 19:40

Actually, for some reason, two of the marriages in Liverpool are duplicated in the Ancestry index. So there were 7 in total, and none after 1978.

But you don't know that he married in Liverpool, only that he died there?

If you think there's a good chance he married there, the only thing to do is order the marriage certificates and hope that one matches on age, marital status and father's name.

Before doing that it could be a good idea to check all of the spouses and see whether you can find births, possibly to rule out spouses much younger than your Ronald.

You can get a free 14-day trial at Ancestry to do this, and then you could also look for births to the various marriages. It's a bit much for someone else to be taking on.

I see 3 births to one marriage, 1 to another ...

Gillian

Gillian Report 8 Jun 2011 21:00

I think I may well have found the correct marriage now and therefore the 3 children from that marriage. I have found one of the "names" who has a tree on here and sent an e-mail. Is there anything else I can do?? No luck on facebook etc! Can I name the possible children on here
?

JaneyCanuck

JaneyCanuck Report 8 Jun 2011 21:08

No, naming the children wouldn't be appropriate.

if you google this

192.com "name of the person you are searching for"

you will get results at 192.com that show a city, county and partial postcode. If you find likely matches, you can use that info to search telephone listings at BT online

http://www.thephonebook.bt.com/publisha.content/en/search/residential/search.publisha

For messages sent through GR, remember to check whether your message has been read -- in Sent Messages, the envelope will be purple if it's unopened. Unfortunately, many people change email addresses and don't update their accounts here, so they don't get messages.

Fingers crossed.

Gillian

Gillian Report 3 Jul 2011 22:04

Thank you to all who gave me advice re this!

I have tracked down my half siblings and am meeting my half brother for the first time next weekend!!!