Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

HARD ONE! Robert Wilson - Tattenhall/Bunbury Chesh

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Tanja

Tanja Report 1 Jan 2008 11:40

Hi there,

Looking for any help with the following 2 queries:

I have ROBERT WILSON b 1778 Tattenhall d March 1873 Nantwich. He married 25/5/1808 at St Boniface Bunbury, Elizabeth Whittingham (aka Betty) b 1785 Norbury.

Query 1:
How can I find who his father was? I have tried usual search engines and cannot find a thing.

Query 2:
I can only find the following children:
ROBERT 1811
LYDIA (LADIA) 1814
CHARLES 1821
MARTHA 1822

Can anyone help with finding any other children between 1814 - 1822?

Many thanks to you all
Here is wishing you all a happy family searching new year!!

Regards
Tanja

Garstonite

Garstonite Report 1 Jan 2008 12:44

tanya...just searched cprdb for babtisms....1805-1825...nothing for a robert/elizabeth wilson....can`t find roberts babtism either..just in case you hadn`t searched this site.......allan

Heather

Heather Report 1 Jan 2008 13:23

Well, dont know where you got his birth year from but the parish records should give fathers full name and mothers first name (at least).If you dont live in the area, you could always google for the local records office website and perhaps email them asking for a photocopy of the register - Ive done this before and sometimes they charge only about £5.

Of course if the baptism is there and you get the parents names you are then at another dead end until you can get their marriage reg and so on backwards. It may be worth going yourself to find that info if at all possible.

Tanja

Tanja Report 1 Jan 2008 13:59

Hi Heather,

I have got his dob from all the census records, they vary between 1778 and 1781. On the 1841 census I have his Robert Wilson (60/65) and Elizabeth (50/55).

I don't know where to look for his records. I live in the Middle East so my access to record offices etc is limited.

Thanks Allan, what is the website you checked?

My mission is that this year this brick wall will be smashed!

Many thanks for the responses. Much appreciated.
Regards
Tanja

Garstonite

Garstonite Report 1 Jan 2008 14:47

hi tanya....go to a cheshire parish records site...
www.csv.liv.ac.uk/~cprdb ..... go to database...then babtism/marriage/burial.........type in wilson......over 600 wilsons from 1500`s....no sign of robert in the year you gave ,or around that time...when you get a name...ie wilson john you`ll get a number 7450321...this is the date of event
(1)745 03 21 ( 21st march 1745).....a little complicated at first,but if you get the hang of it,it becomes an interesting site....good luck....allan

Heather

Heather Report 1 Jan 2008 15:30

Well, as I said Tanja, you could email the relevant records office requesting a look up for the registry entry for his baptism as you have a roughish date for them ?

I dont know how far free reg has got on transcribing that county?