Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Coventry Wilsons

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Jessica

Jessica Report 25 Jan 2008 20:41

Searching for information re Eliza (Coventry, c1817), Charles (Coventry C 1839), Arthur - we think thats what it says on the 1851 census! (Coventry, c1838) & William (Coventry c:1845).

At this stage we are talking about a mother and her sons. Eliza by 1851 was widowed and we have drawn a blank on the 1841 census to identify a father.

Any info would be useful.

Heather

Heather Report 25 Jan 2008 21:19

Buy the birth certificate of one of the kids born after 1837 - that will give the father. Look up the ref on freebmd and buy the cert for £7 from GRO online. Do you not have a marriage cert for your direct ancestor which would give dads name.

Heather

Heather Report 25 Jan 2008 21:24

1851 - Ancestry says its John not Arthur and it looks like John to me too.

Name: William Wilson
Estimated Birth Year: abt 1845
Relation: Son
Mother's Name: Elisa
Where born: Coventry, Warwickshire, England

Civil Parish: Coventry Holy Trinity
County/Island: Warwickshire

Street address:

Condition as to marriage:

Disability: View Image

Registration district: Coventry
Sub-registration district: Holy Trinity
ED, institution, or vessel: 1k
Neighbors: View others on page
Household schedule number: 65
Household Members: Name Age
Jane Saunders 17
Charles Wilson 12
Elisa Wilson 34
John Wilson 13
William Wilson 6
Elizabeth Yates 18

I think this may be a possible for 1841 and you may find Louisa died and Eurasibus ??? remarried an Elizabeth. Look at the gap in the children above 6 years between William and the next child above him. Which of the children is your direct ancestor - as you would obviously want to buy that certificate rather than choose one where mum is a different person. It may well be that Elizabeth Yates above is from the first marriage of Eliza (beth). Will check the census image. Hmm, just says "visitor" for Elizabeth Yates.

Name: John Wilson
Estimated Birth Year: abt 1837
Where born: Warwickshire, England

Civil Parish: St Michael
Hundred: Coventry
County/Island: Warwickshire

Street address:

Registration district: Coventry
Sub-registration district: St John and St Michael
Neighbors: View others on page
Household Members: Name Age
Charles Wilson 2
Eusebius Wilson 25
Fredrick Wilson 4 Mo
John Wilson 4
Lousia Wilson 25

Eusebius died 1849

I dont know if this 1841 lot is yours, but keep it handy.

Diane

Diane Report 29 Nov 2008 17:02

Hi Jessica
I have just been browsing through the 'Find Wilson Lists'. I'm not sure but we may have already corresponded. Eusibius(Eusibins/Usebins +) was born 1815, I believe son of John & Sarah Wilson (can't think where that came from). He married Louisa Saunders in 1837 - no other details on record. They had following children John b 1837/Charles 1839/Richard 1846 - no info on him later/Eusibius 1848/Frederick 1840/Eliza 1843 & William 1845. Eusibius snr, baby Eusibius and Frederick died in the cholera epidemic of 1849 - info in a booklet about the epidemic. You will find this on my tree under Diane Mundy. Hope to hear from you Regards Diane

Diane

Diane Report 29 Nov 2008 17:04

Jessica - another piece of info Louisa was called Eliza in 1851 Census and she married Thomas Hewitt in 1851. You will find all the info on my tree - Diane

Jessica

Jessica Report 11 Jan 2009 16:52

Yes thats correct Thomas Hewitt after Louisa dies still has his step grandchildren living with him. Without checking I believe Charles lives closeby in the same street and may have inherited the business from Thomas.Again this is off the top of my head I believe Thomas was originally from Rugby and started out as a Newsagent which alters.

I recently attended a family history day at the Coventry Motor Museum where I was given info about the location of these streets and the location of burial for some of these people. They are buried in the London Road Cemetery and up until 1940 their was a grave stone. I will dig out the info and forward this on to you.