Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find my real dad

Page 0 + 1 of 4

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Katie

Katie Report 11 Jan 2009 15:57

trying to find my real dad Christopher Anthony Wood,he married my real mum in march 1993 in bridlington

he was born in fulford,york

i need someone to help me find out were he is living it would be much appreciated

thanks

Jean

Jean Report 11 Jan 2009 16:07

Hi Katie, Its me again. I have sent more addresses. good luck.

Dea

Dea Report 11 Jan 2009 16:09

I am CERTAINLY not saying that you should not help but I believe that Katie may only be 15 years of age?

If I am wrong Katie, I apologise - also, you may well be very mature for your age and able to handle this situation but we just need to make sure you are not 'on your own' with this?

Can you prove my information wrong please?

Dea x

Dea

Dea Report 11 Jan 2009 16:19

WWWooowww!!!!!!!!

Such venom!! - I consider myself 'well smacked in the mouth' !!

If I deserve it - so be it and, if I am wrong, I have already offered to apologise - and WILL do so !!

However, this response makes me wonder more??

I just want to make sure that if you are so young, you have someone to support you when you are working through this newly discovered and very emotional information!!

I cannot see your birth at the time that you have mentioned and Jean is certainly helping you but she is not 'supporting' you in the sense that I meant.

Dea x

Katie

Katie Report 11 Jan 2009 16:23

yeah well have u been through what i have been in 4 foster homes and then finally adopted at the age of 9 months old cos really i dont think you will like it,its hearbreaking when your adoptive mum says that social services tell her that your real mum isnt very well but i dont know what shes like now and it would be very nice to see if shes ok

try considering helping instead of making matters worse

Dea

Dea Report 11 Jan 2009 16:42

No Katie,

Thankfully, I have not had to go through anything like that and I am very thankful because I don't think I would have been able to cope with it!

I would love to be able to help and that is what I am 'perhaps clumsily' trying to do!

Jean has given you some info which I hope will help - I am just concerned that you have some 'emotional' support so see you through this if you need it.

Perhaps you are mature enough to cope with this on your own, perhaps you have lots of friends and 'extended family' to support you, but if not, just ask, and there are lots of us on here, (not necessarily me if you can't stand the thought of that !!) who would be willing to help.

Best wishes and good luck,

Dea x

ValT

ValT Report 11 Jan 2009 16:43

Hi Katie,

Please take time out to consider where we are coming from.
As a foster mum, who has long termed fostered young children through to their teens, I do know what support is needed.
Dea was only thinking about your interests.
Please approach the boards with an adult attitude and you will receive as much help as can be given.
Hope your search is fruitful and 2009 is all you want it to be.
Good Luck.

Katie

Katie Report 11 Jan 2009 16:49

i appreciate what your trying to say im just a little upset thats all and i can get emotional cos of what my dad has done im shy and have about 70% confidence in me

ValT

ValT Report 11 Jan 2009 16:54

Katie, thanks for replying.

You do need to resolve what do you want to happen if you find your dad.
There will be many emotions stirred up.

Are you still in touch with your adoptive parents and could they possibly help you?

Val

Dea

Dea Report 11 Jan 2009 16:57

Point taken Katie and it is very understandable that you should get upset and emotional.

There are lots of people here who are willing to help - even if you just want to 'let off steam' or talk something through.

Just ask - and let's have that confidence up by perhaps another 10% (just to begin with??)

Dea x

Katie

Katie Report 11 Jan 2009 16:59

No i havent seen my real parents since i was born and i still keep in contact with my adoptive parents and they are there for me with support but my husband would like to help as well

i just want to find them

Penny

Penny Report 11 Jan 2009 17:27

without prying...

do you know why they gave you for adoption - you dont need to say here, just do you know? it might not be plain sailing having found them , and one of the hardest things that you may have to face is a ''no, beggar off'' are you prepared for that ?

Katie

Katie Report 11 Jan 2009 17:31

they gave me up for adoption cos 1 they couldnt look after kids and 2 they were arguing none stop when my real mum was poorly she said she didnt want to see me yet as i was still young but now im 19 she might say yes but im prepared for whatever her decision is and if she says no il give her some time to think

Debdob

Debdob Report 11 Jan 2009 17:32

were you adopted then before your parents married. you say you were born 1989 and you parents married in 1993 and you were adopted at the age of 9mths.
Do you know if you have any siblings

Penny

Penny Report 11 Jan 2009 17:36

Do you know that she is still alive- if she was that poorly?

Why your dad?do you know your mum, and does she know where your dad is?or are they still together?

what about the address on your birth cert ? is that any good?

Katie

Katie Report 11 Jan 2009 17:36

yes i have 2 older half brothers which are my dads kids with another women before he got with my mum and iv got 2 little sisters when my dad was with my mum of course after when they had me

and i keep in contact with all 4 of them but now i was just wanna find my parents and il be happy

Katie

Katie Report 11 Jan 2009 17:38

no minnie i dont know if she is alive but i had a look on the death records and there is nothing of my mum been dead so maybe she isnt dead no im trying to find my mum as well,well they got married in 1993 in march and thats all i know

Debdob

Debdob Report 11 Jan 2009 17:38

what information do your siblings have if any?

Debdob

Debdob Report 11 Jan 2009 17:43

how old are your younger sisters? where do they live? were you the only child adopted out?
Can you get to see your younger sisters birth certs and see what address is stated on their certs.

Katie

Katie Report 11 Jan 2009 17:48

i keep in contact with my sisters and no because i dont live with them, they got adopted straight away so they were not fostered like i was

the middle sister out of us all is 17 tomorrow and the youngest is 16