Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Young

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Julia

Julia Report 8 Jun 2004 22:11

Does anyone know anything about PEARL or CORAL Young who were part of my grandad's family? He was Albert Edward Young - 1903-1980 His father - Ernest Young - dob 29.4.1867 His mother - Ellen (nee Walker) - 1870-1913 Some of his brothers- Ernest Arthur Stanley (known as Stanley) - 1894-1953, Willie - 1897-1909, John - 1906-1914 Some of his sisters - Violet born 1895, Florrie born 1899, Grace born 1904 I understood Pearl and Coral to be grandad's nieces but I understand that there may have been more intrigue to it than this, possibly one of those situations where a baby is passed of as its grandmother's baby? Grandad had "Pearl" tattoed on his right forearm and I was always told as a child that she was his niece and that the tattoo was done when she died at a young age, although I am beginning to suspect that she may have been his sister. If anyone can help, please, please contact me. Many thanks, Julia Harvey