Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Old threads advice - suggestion for helpers!

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 25 Apr 2010 09:41

This has been pointed out to me, as I advised someone to PM to someone who is no longer a member! Thought it makes a good point:

"Messages such as these can come across to posters that they should only respond to old posts by pm rather than post a reply even though no one has actually said that. The fact that posters often apologise suggests this, they may think they've done the wrong thing.

I agree it's wise that they send pm as well where they can. I have also suggested this to people on occasion too. Perhaps by saying they should pm "as well" may encourage people to reply to older posts and send pms too?"

I shall make sure I add "as well" in the future!

Jan