Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Family tree maker - relationship ?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

AmazingGrace08

AmazingGrace08 Report 30 Jun 2010 06:37

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone could answer a quick question with Family Tree Maker.

I have a male relative who is my 3 x great grandfather. Now as far as I have been able to tell he resided for a number of years with a woman and they had 7 children, then he declared himself a widow and remarried although his first wife (and am assuming that they were married although there is no record of this) did not die for another 30 odd years. He then goes on and has two children with his second partner, one of who is my great granfather x 2.

On FTM the children of his first partnership show as a half relationship and I cannot work out why, when the children from his second do not have this prefixing their name in the kinship reports.

It is probably something silly but I am not sure how to fix it!

Any ideas would be most gratefully received!