Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

LDS pilot site batch numbers

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

MarkMorgan

MarkMorgan Report 4 Aug 2010 12:19

Does anyone know about the batch numbers they are using for the Pilot? I've seen batches in the format C99999-9 (baptisms) and P99999-9 (baptisms) and M99999-9 (marriages) and I99999-9 (marriages) with system origins like England-EASy and England-ODM.

The Cs, Ps and Ms follow the normal standard - just with a hyphen before the last digit - but the Is were classed as 'less trustworthy' patron submitted batches on the old IGI. I thought the new pilot was all controlled extractions and no patron submissions? So are batches starting with I on the pilot now trustworthy?

Cf. Hugh Wallis' site at http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~hughwallis/IGIBatchNumbers.htm

They also have a Source Film Number and a Reference Number like 'page 5 of 40'.

Where is the Source Call Number? This was useful to click to find the church name. And what does the 'system origin' signify?

Mark.